Well, I did it again.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pretty positive but not 100% sure but I think I broke my forearm again.

Today we had a demo at a local school and I attempted to break 11 garden bricks. Got through half of them or 6 to be exact. I had just broken my arm only 7 months back but felt really good as only 3 months ago I broke 6 bricks with no pain.

Well I guess I bit off just a little to much as I think I broke the arm again in the exact same spot. I have my old cast so I just put this on for now and will see a doctor on Monday. It is going to stink to be out for another 6 weeks.
icon9.gif

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, sitting here now getting depressed. I only now just realized that it has not even been 1 year since I last broke it. It just felt really good and I have been breaking small stacks and did not even think about it anymore. This is going to suck if it is broken. I hate not being able to train.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wait one year, fully, then ramp up slowly. Maybe I should have stayed with 6 maybe 7 bricks at most.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are so many bad jokes to be made

anyhow

get well quick!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize it's already Sunday afternoon -- but see a doctor TODAY. Options for treatment are often time-sensitive.

And maybe it's time to give up the breaking? Seems like YOU'RE breaking more than the bricks are! :D

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry you're hurt. When I broke my wrist, I had to baby it for a full year, but after that the x-rays showed it was stronger than before I broke it. So maybe you should break with the other arm for a year?

Hope you heal quickly and completely, this time.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ouch! get that looked at ASAP. And DON'T RUSH BACK TO TRAINING TOO FAST next time :)

Get better man.

Peace,
Erik

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
may I ask what strike?
downward forearm strike. I know, stupid. But like I stated, I felt good and was not even thinking about my previous arm break as I had been breaking shorter stack of six with no pain. Even did a few knife and ridge hand breaks too. So my previous broken arm was out of mind. But 11 bricks is not 6 and there is a difference in the angle and power needed.

I will see a doctor today (Monday). I had our dojang Dr. look at it and he put a splint on it and perscribed some pain killers until I see my Dr. That is all the emergency room Dr. did for my previous broken arm also.

Guess I won't break for year with my right. I can only break 5 or 6 with my left so I guess that will have to do.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why is'nt your arm in a cast so it can properly heal?
Once I see my Dr. it will be. I have a splint on now. The splint is just as hard and tight as a cast but a little big. Splints are not like the two sticks and a wrap you see from the boy scouts. It is pretty much a cast made out of fiberglass but really really bulky.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hope it isn't broken, but I suspect from what you've written that it is.

Recuperate quickly-drink lots of milk and imagine little workers are cleaning the area and then putting the ends of the bone together, then welding them.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hope it isn't broken, but I suspect from what you've written that it is.

Recuperate quickly-drink lots of milk and imagine little workers are cleaning the area and then putting the ends of the bone together, then welding them.

LOL, I read that in a book one time....

Add vitamin D, too.

TKD_Father

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, best of luck in a speedy and complete recovery.

I know someone who swears by "Bone Mending Pills". It's some Chinese medicinal mix that is supposed to help the healing process.

I have the link to it, PM me if you'd like to know more.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is official, the arm is broken. However not as bad as the first time. Just a small crack not all the way through so will only be out 2 - 4 weeks. So now I don't feel to bad anymore. Still will take it easy this time. No more breaking with the right hand for 1 full year. Will also double pad or protect this arm when sparring also.

Thanks all for your supporting words.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is official, the arm is broken. However not as bad as the first time. Just a small crack not all the way through so will only be out 2 - 4 weeks. So now I don't feel to bad anymore. Still will take it easy this time. No more breaking with the right hand for 1 full year. Will also double pad or protect this arm when sparring also.

Thanks all for your supporting words.

Well that is better news, atleast it is not 6-8 weeks. I hope it heal real fast and stronger.

Latest Discussions