Videos

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is a thread specifically for CMA videos. Post a link to the video here and then create a thread if you want to discuss the video. This is a thread just for videos, so lets keep discussion to seperate threads. These can be your own videos or ones you have come across online.

7sm

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My Italian is a bit rusty but here is a school from Rome that apparently the instructor has trained in several styles including preying mantis and JKD concepts. He combines his training into this school and even teaches the use of firearms in self defense, which many martial artists ignore.

This is just a clip of some of their hands drills I believe.
RTSchool

7sm

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread!!
I will have to find videos to post.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
tsut sing tong long kune or qi xing tang lang chuan video here (7 star mantis)

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Si Gung Lee Kam Wing Performing Mantis Bong Bo (crushing step form)

Last edited by a moderator:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
mantis said:

That was actually pretty cool. I used to see him teaching students in Golden Gate Park, here in San Francisco, but that was after he had his stroke so he wasn't very active himself. I never actually met him before he passed away. My sifu knew him pretty well, and I am acquainted with his wife and son as they run the Martial Arts Supply Store here.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
That was actually pretty cool. I used to see him teaching students in Golden Gate Park, here in San Francisco, but that was after he had his stroke so he wasn't very active himself. I never actually met him before he passed away. My sifu knew him pretty well, and I am acquainted with his wife and son as they run the Martial Arts Supply Store here.
really? wow.... that's cool
there's a lot of great masters in frisco... u guys are lucky!
did he own a school there that's still running?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
mantis said:
really? wow.... that's cool
there's a lot of great masters in frisco... u guys are lucky!
did he own a school there that's still running?

No, there is no school that is still running. He had some room in the back of the store that he wanted to use for teaching, once upon a time, but it never happened. This is what his wife told me. Someone once told me that he taught quite a while ago, but then quit for some reason. I don't remember why. It was in the last few years of his life that he began teaching again, in the park. Maybe he kind of knew he didn't have much time left and wanted to pass it on, or something. I don't really know much about him, and what he did as far as teaching goes. This is just what I have pieced together from discussions with people. His son is about 40 or maybe a bit older, but always struck me as younger than that. He never studied the martial arts, tho. Just wasn't interested. It's too bad. From that video, I think he must have been very good. I know he had a high reputation, anyway.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
No, there is no school that is still running. He had some room in the back of the store that he wanted to use for teaching, once upon a time, but it never happened. This is what his wife told me. Someone once told me that he taught quite a while ago, but then quit for some reason. I don't remember why. It was in the last few years of his life that he began teaching again, in the park. Maybe he kind of knew he didn't have much time left and wanted to pass it on, or something. I don't really know much about him, and what he did as far as teaching goes. This is just what I have pieced together from discussions with people. His son is about 40 or maybe a bit older, but always struck me as younger than that. He never studied the martial arts, tho. Just wasn't interested. It's too bad. From that video, I think he must have been very good. I know he had a high reputation, anyway.
oh yeah! he learned directly from master Won Hun Fun.. brendan lai is a really big figure in 7 star mantis and the chin woo association. luckily sifu brendan lai passed his forms and kung fu to a lot of masters who preserved it and now they teach it through out the states.

oxy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Video: http://www.archive.org/details/kwan_eLHBFStraightDragonformLHBF Straight Dragon form

Remember to scan for viruses whenever you're downloading stuff. The file is not malicious, but you should never trust what people say on the internet. Personally, I've never scan anything I download and I've never been infected that way.

Anyway, this is a very incomplete video. It only has about one third of the actual form, and I've only animated the legs. The hands will follow shortly

I'm working in conjunction with the guy who's blog I found (kwan_e) to hopefully animate all two of the LHBF forms that I know, since he has the software and actually knows how to use it. Hopefully, we'll have them down in under two year's time.

Needless to say, you will not be able to learn anything from the video, incomplete or otherwise, just like any other martial arts videos. The best thing, I guess, is that computer simulations will always be consistently accurate in capturing the form.

I also believe in free availability of ANY kind of knowledge, which is why I decided to create this video and release it for free (although protected by a licence). Just like any other open source company, the money is in the "customer support". In this case, providing actual classes to learn in, since videos can't teach anything.

Protected by the following licence:
- http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/

Useless information:
- created with Poser 6
- encoded with Xvid (ISO MPEG4 compliant, unlike DivX or Microsoft WMV)
- encapsulated in AVI
- takes up 1960 frames in Poser 6

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Back for just a minute.

I came across this the other day and I really wanted to share it with MT.
Forgive the film quality, it is old, but it is Yang Chengfu’s oldest son doing the long form, enjoy

See ya

XS

Yang Shou Zong (Yang Sau Chung) Taiji.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Again.. Brendan Lai
7 star... curshing step

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some chin na applications done slow enough to see whats going on.

Latest Discussions