Victoria Beckham

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
A newspaper I read recently quoted Victoria Beckham (31), wife of England's biggest soccer (sorry, football) star and former Spice Girl, saying she never read a book in her life.

Why do people deify such degenerates?!?!

I know it's because it's sells, but it drives me crazy!!

OP
Loki

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
ginshun said:
Does it really surprise you that much? She was a friggen Spice Girl.
A bit, yeah. Not one book in over 30 years?! I just hate it when people deify these imbeciles. I know why it happens, but I still hate it.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Unimaginable.

Well, if she's happy, she's happy.
Yeah ... after all ... ignorance is bliss ....

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Loki said:
A bit, yeah. Not one book in over 30 years?! I just hate it when people deify these imbeciles. I know why it happens, but I still hate it.
Join the club, both her and her husband have the combined IQ of a carrot.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Raisin said:
If you like the stick insect look!!! :;
Exactly!!!
Personally I would classify her as being a "munter", which is slang where I come from for a scary looking monster she devil

RickRed

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Loki said:
That has to be a lie. How do you get through school without reading a single book. If you don't read, you can't read the words that you have to memorize in a song or a script (Spice world).....

books are the first way people learn how to read now. I just watched Paparaazi and this could have been like that movie, an outburst at an idiot reporter that was trying to make a story happen.

OP
Loki

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
RickRed said:
That has to be a lie. How do you get through school without reading a single book. If you don't read, you can't read the words that you have to memorize in a song or a script (Spice world).....
Well, obviously she has read educational material, but do agree that reading a novel and reading "My First English Book" aren't on the same level. I'm guessing she was referring to the former.

books are the first way people learn how to read now. I just watched Paparaazi and this could have been like that movie, an outburst at an idiot reporter that was trying to make a story happen.
Actually, she was talking about other issues, like wanting to have children, who she said she fantasizes about shopping with and dressing them up (but certainly not reading them stories). It seems more likely to me that she was being ditzy and absent-minded.
*smacks forehead*

RickRed

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Loki said:
Well, obviously she has read educational material, but do agree that reading a novel and reading "My First English Book" aren't on the same level. I'm guessing she was referring to the former.

Actually, she was talking about other issues, like wanting to have children, who she said she fantasizes about shopping with and dressing them up (but certainly not reading them stories). It seems more likely to me that she was being ditzy and absent-minded.
*smacks forehead*
There is a difference between a primer and a novel, but if I could only go by what you had in the post.

If the topic was kids, maybe she meant she has never read a book on having babie or mothering kids.

It isn't the smartest comment in the world but in context it might not be as bad as it looks.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Simon Curran said:
Join the club, both her and her husband have the combined IQ of a carrot.

I used to make comments like this about vegetables and rocks, but they got together and informed me they did not like the comparisons being made. ;)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I used to make comments like this about vegetables and rocks, but they got together and informed me they did not like the comparisons being made. ;)
:rofl:

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
:rofl: :rofl:

Latest Discussions