Muscularity Attractive to women?

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
NOW, here's a question?

Mainly for the women as they would be the ones to answer, or anybody for that fact, feel free to join in!

Is muscularity a factor that women look for in men? As we see in some particular cultures that slim fit women are admired by men is it the same for the opposite sex?

I mean in Western Cultures, do on average women look for more musclar men or do they strike for the personality more?
I know to some men (maybe shallow ones) that the fitness of a woman (or man, hey whatever floats your boat!) can depends on how 'fit' the person is?

Is a lack of muscularity something that women would turn away from?

I know in some respects its different for everybody! But hey its a question!

Regards

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Depends on what they want the man for :D I think it's rather the same as men enjoying the sight of a female with the perfect body.. 'Eye Candy'. We females differ as do males.. some guys are 'leg men', breasts, butts' etc.. Yep you got it.. Women are the same.. though we may add some extra categories.. Eyes, voice, even hands can attract us..
Now I don't know of many females that go ga-ga over overly muscular men.. those hulking body builder types.. (only want one of those guys if you need a body-guard that is has to look intimidating)*twitch* Scary.. a nice cut physique is sexy.. is it a requirement? Hell no..
Most women realize a guy who is buff and cut and all that, most likely spends hours and hours getting and keeping the look.. therefore probably doesn't have much time for her ;)

Eye Candy.. great to look at..

Hope this helps

~Tess

OP
Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
Depends on what they want the man for :D I think it's rather the same as men enjoying the sight of a female with the perfect body.. 'Eye Candy'. We females differ as do males.. some guys are 'leg men', breasts, butts' etc.. Yep you got it.. Women are the same.. though we may add some extra categories.. Eyes, voice, even hands can attract us..
Now I don't know of many females that go ga-ga over overly muscular men.. those hulking body builder types.. (only want one of those guys if you need a body-guard that is has to look intimidating)*twitch* Scary.. a nice cut physique is sexy.. is it a requirement? Hell no..
Most women realize a guy who is buff and cut and all that, most likely spends hours and hours getting and keeping the look.. therefore probably doesn't have much time for her ;)

Hope this helps

~Tess
Lol, yeah, its the eye candy then!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:

Hope this helps

~Tess
see this is what tess is talking about... Take Juan for instance.. excellent cabana boy but damn he takes a long time to get ready with the oiled body etc. Give us a compassionate man with a sense of humor anyday as opposed to a man who thinks he is more important then we are :D

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Without wanting to sound too big headed...

I am quite lean and muscular (good genetics and years of exercise) and although I have had the occasional experience with women who just have to touch, (which the girlfriend just loves...) in general it doesn't seem to make too much difference.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Women want a man with a perfect...

Wallet.

being Eye candy helps too.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Women want a man with a perfect...

Wallet.
I need a deeper one. Can I borrow yours? :uhyeah:

Originally posted by KenpoTess
Most women realize a guy who is buff and cut and all that, most likely spends hours and hours getting and keeping the look.. therefore probably doesn't have much time for her
I'm not buff and cut to the bone but hours and hours in the gym is just about right. As everyone knows, this is a long process to form a good physique. However I still find time for wifey and kids.

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I had a friend who was about 5 feet 6inches tall, overweight, and had hair all over his body, including a bunch on his back. He always had pretty girlfriends and married perhaps the most physically beautiful woman I've ever met in person. Women looked at him everywhere he went. He worked hard and made decent money but wasn't rich by any stretch of the imagination. Every time the guy entered a room, though, you could feel it, everyone looked at him, because he had such a presence. He had such a beautiful, powerful personality, he was able to make you laugh and feel freedom while you were around him. I lost touch with him about fifteen years ago and still wonder how he's doing. His body not being perfect or muscular didn't matter at all, least of all to him.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I would say that physical appearance has some effect on how women percieve men, but I am sure that how much effect it has veries greatly from woman to woman, and in general probably has less of an effect on women percieve men as opposed to how men percieve women.

Latest Discussions