Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Somebody wrote me a song once ...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lingerie for you (and a nice follow through) is a great Valentine's present for most guys :)

I always thought lingerie was more of a gift for the man than the woman... ;) even with a nice follow through!

I agree with those who say anything that shows thought and understanding of the person being given the gift.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also, if it is for a man, don't worry too much if it isn't original.

Someone once wrote (can't remember where, I think it was on slashdot) that a guy is never going to say something like 'Steak dinner and a BJ? again? Honey, try to be a little more creative next time'

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Also, if it is for a man, don't worry too much if it isn't original.

Someone once wrote (can't remember where, I think it was on slashdot) that a guy is never going to say something like 'Steak dinner and a BJ? again? Honey, try to be a little more creative next time'

Try to stick to the subject of Valentine's Day gifts that don't suck.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I`ve always had good luck with giving a nice homecooked meal. And Today one of my students gave me a small box of fudge she made. Absolutely made my day. You don`t have to spend alot of money, just show that someone is in your thoughts.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Try to stick to the subject of Valentine's Day gifts that don't suck.

This was on topic, you know. My specific example was just that. An example meant to indicate that a guy does typically not require you to put a alot of original thought into it (something different every year). If we like something, going with the known quantity is not wrong.

Even if it is just a home cooked dinner with his favorite dish, that is a perfect gift, even though you may already have given it before. It just has to show that you care about what he likes.

At least, that is just my 2 ct.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This was on topic, you know. My specific example was just that. An example meant to indicate that a guy does typically not require you to put a alot of original thought into it (something different every year). If we like something, going with the known quantity is not wrong.

Even if it is just a home cooked dinner with his favorite dish, that is a perfect gift, even though you may already have given it before. It just has to show that you care about what he likes.

At least, that is just my 2 ct.

Pssst. Bruno?

Steak and a BJ ... gifts that don't *suck* ... think about it ;)

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know. It depends on the meaning we put to the word 'suck', doesn't it?
If we accept the definition it to mean 'not nice', then a BJ definitely doesn't suck despite the fact that the other meanings of the word do apply. :p

Regardless though. Even a steak dinner would be great. With some prime quality steak, just grilled enough that it is nice and baked on the outside while still squishy pink on the inside, with some onion, mushrooms and potato baked in the same frying pan, and some gravy on top...

Now that would make me a happy camper.
:)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever try to explain a joke again...lol

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever try to explain a joke again...lol

I've given up trying to explain to my wife why I think something is funny.
Like this one for example:

[yt]yWfetF1jCO4[/yt]

She didn't understand why I thought it was hilarious, and when I tried to explain, I was given 'the look' (you being a female, you no doubt understand what I mean :))

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've given up trying to explain to my wife why I think something is funny.
Like this one for example:

[yt]yWfetF1jCO4[/yt]

She didn't understand why I thought it was hilarious, and when I tried to explain, I was given 'the look' (you being a female, you no doubt understand what I mean :))

roflmao

On both counts!

:lfao:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
"What is a gift that sucks but doesn't suck?"

It's like a koan wrapped in a riddle, with a side of paradox. Or steak.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happily, it seems that I have scored a major league 'gold star' with my missus by the simplest and most traditional of Valentines gifts - plenty of flowers and a cute stuffed bear.

I think the fact that she knows that I hold cut-flowers to be a hideous waste of money magnified the effect of her coming home fromwork to find a hallway, if not 'filled' with flowers at last well adorned with them :).

That look of happiness is one I ever strive to see on her face - the one that says she loves me very much ... and that by sheer luck I did something right :eek: and :lol:.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That look of happiness is one I ever strive to see on her face - the one that says she loves me very much ...

Suke, you sound like quite the catch. Bravo to the both of you. :asian:

Latest Discussions