Valentine E-mails: He/She Loves Me, He/She Makes My Computer Sick!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Definitely something to watch out for tomorrow or later on today.
Sheesh those guys just try everything don't they? :mad:

Online Valentine cards may contain Internet worm, FBI warns
Tue Feb 12, 2:27 PM ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080212/ts_alt_afp/lifestyleusinternetvalentine
WASHINGTON (AFP) - Valentine's Day e-greetings from a stranger could deliver more than the recipient bargained for in the shape of a destructive "Trojan horse" that hijacks computers, the FBI warned Tuesday.
"If you unexpectedly receive a Valentine's Day e-card, be careful," the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a statement, warning Internet users to "be on the lookout for spam emails spreading the Storm Worm malicious software (malware)."
"The Storm Worm virus has capitalized on various holidays in the last year by sending millions of emails advertising an e-card link within the text of the spam email. Valentine's Day has been identified as the next target," the FBI said.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No worries, I never accept Valentine related email from anyone, period.

Generally, I don't either... but my mother has this thing for e-cards for every imaginable holiday (and a few I'd never think of sending cards for as well) - but I know they're coming, and where she's likely to send them from.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I never read such foolishness. I have a mail client that only displays text. If someone wishes to say something to me, they can type it out, so that I can read it.

There's no need in these cartoon things dancing around to get your point across. It is inefficient, and takes too much bandwidth.

Regarding the trojans, haha, someone can use the virtual machine to get the trojan and then play with it, as if it is their toy. They can turn it into their little "you know what", haha!

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I never read such foolishness. I have a mail client that only displays text. If someone wishes to say something to me, they can type it out, so that I can read it.

There's no need in these cartoon things dancing around to get your point across. It is inefficient, and takes too much bandwidth.

Regarding the trojans, haha, someone can use the virtual machine to get the trojan and then play with it, as if it is their toy. They can turn it into their little "you know what", haha!
well if that's true then they need to take that trojan and wrap it up in a bow and send it back where it came from originally.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

It's funny how times have changed. It used to be that Trojans stopped the spread of viruses and you had no worries if you played with it, other than the silly threat of blindness.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
well if that's true then they need to take that trojan and wrap it up in a bow and send it back where it came from originally.

Or to give them some false data, lol! Or watch what happens in the honey pot.

It's funny how times have changed. It used to be that Trojans stopped the spread of viruses and you had no worries if you played with it, other than the silly threat of blindness.

hahahaha

Latest Discussions