Uppercut to the ribs...

KickBoxer5251

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I am a thirteen year old black belt in multiple styles such as Kickboxing Jujitsu MMA and Karate.
Last night I was boxing when I took a hard uppercut below the belt line (my floating rib and ribs above) And I didn't feel the pain at first, but now I feel it hard. Breathing hurts, I feel like I have a stomach bug, this is weird but my left kidney (I was punched in the right rib) is pounding like I I can put my hand on it and I vibrates my hand quite fast (this comes and goes), I also have a line that looks like rug burn where I was punched, probably the worst though is the general pain. Like I said it feels like I have a bad flu in that one area. Any thoughts are they bruised or something I iced it this morning and it went away for like maybe 6 mins, but now it's back and my rib on the other side of where I was punched is hurting a bit not as much but it has a sting to it

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry I may be misunderstanding you.

Did you get hit both below the belt and in the ribs as well? Sounds like you took multiple shots during your session.
Floating ribs and above are not below the belt line.
Did you also take other shots that you didn't really notice at the time and now feeling the affects from them?
That seems to be more plausible than taking a single below the belt punch and everything you list is now hurting.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You probably didn't feel the pain earlier due to adrenaline.

Now that you're feeling the pain, you'd better go to the doctor, especially if you have trouble breathing. It's better to spend the $$$ for a doctor's office visit, and get a definite answer, along with being prescribed the proper recovery regimen, than to be bumbling around in the dark.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry but is anyone else not buying the whole 13 year old black belt in multiple styles

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry but is anyone else not buying the whole 13 year old black belt in multiple styles
Considering that he's 13 and in the pain he's in, does it really matter what ranks he has?
As for OP, I second the advice to see your doctor if your breathing is hurting you.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably didn't feel the pain earlier due to adrenaline.

Now that you're feeling the pain, you'd better go to the doctor, especially if you have trouble breathing. It's better to spend the $$$ for a doctor's office visit, and get a definite answer, along with being prescribed the proper recovery regimen, than to be bumbling around in the dark.

This.

While the "vibration" you mentioned is probably just a muscle spasm, the difficulty breathing can be a symptom of something very mild or something more serious. Best to get a doctor to tell you which it is.

stonewall1350

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I am a thirteen year old black belt in multiple styles such as Kickboxing Jujitsu MMA and Karate.
Last night I was boxing when I took a hard uppercut below the belt line (my floating rib and ribs above) And I didn't feel the pain at first, but now I feel it hard. Breathing hurts, I feel like I have a stomach bug, this is weird but my left kidney (I was punched in the right rib) is pounding like I I can put my hand on it and I vibrates my hand quite fast (this comes and goes), I also have a line that looks like rug burn where I was punched, probably the worst though is the general pain. Like I said it feels like I have a bad flu in that one area. Any thoughts are they bruised or something I iced it this morning and it went away for like maybe 6 mins, but now it's back and my rib on the other side of where I was punched is hurting a bit not as much but it has a sting to it

Don't be afraid of doctors. Especially at your age. Some things get worse over time if you don't treat them. You never know.

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
tell your mom, she will take you to the Dr.s, instead of posting on a web forum....:banghead:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Be interested to see if you have blown something up inside.

Red Sun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Best case scenario: You have a muscle spasm due to an insignificant injury, and the difficulty breathing is because you're thinking about your breathing too much. Did you know that you can see your nose in the middle of your vision, but your brain filters it out?

Worst case scenario: You have internal damage. Go to a freakin hospital. Due to this possibility, go see a freakin doctor ASAP.

Welcome to the world of contact sports, where some of us pre-book a trip to the doctors if we know we're going to be sparring/fighting hard.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In styles that mostly dont have belts. I mean if you are going to say mma black belt. It had really better be from somewhere good.
Well kickboxing does have belts but they barely ever test for them as for mma never heard of a black belt in that.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I accept it is possible, in this day and age. :cool:
Yeah but 4 black belts by 13 is still a stretch even if he trained at mcdojos. He also said he's a black belt in styles such as... Well does that mean you have more

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well kickboxing does have belts but they barely ever test for them as for mma never heard of a black belt in that.

Greg Jackson famously does them. Integrated in Australia does them. And they are legit belts.

Tom dick harrys mma and boxersise i would be a bit wary of.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greg Jackson famously does them. Integrated in Australia does them. And they are legit belts.

Tom dick harrys mma and boxersise i would be a bit wary of.
From what I know he has belts in gaigojitsu (spelling) not actual mma and I doubt this guy trains with Greg Jackson lol anyway it's still more than likely bs as the guys 13 a lot of places wouldn't even let you train full mma at that age

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter. Fraudbusting is not allowed here.

OP
K

KickBoxer5251

White Belt
Reaction score
In styles that mostly dont have belts. I mean if you are going to say mma black belt. It had really better be from somewhere good.
At our dojo we practice 4 styles in three month rotations I am a black belt at that dojo and in order for us to achieve that we have to be a have the skills of at least a black belt (maybe even red or brown our dojo is stupidly leinent) and I'm a black belt junior CIT at that dojo

OP
K

KickBoxer5251

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah but 4 black belts by 13 is still a stretch even if he trained at mcdojos. He also said he's a black belt in styles such as... Well does that mean you have more
Sorry if I misled you all but if you read my first reply it explains what we do at my dojo.... Look them up on google, Impact Martial Arts Newerk Ohio

Latest Discussions