Martial Talk Boxing Tournament With Poll/Bracket

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I posted a while back an idea to create a martial talk boxing tournament, where people nominate their favorite boxers, and then people vote tournament-wise on who is the greatest. (Original thread is here: Martial Talk Boxing Tournament ).

A link to the bracket is at the bottom of this, and every couple of days I will post a poll for the next match up, which you can click and vote on. It's not based on weight classes, so obviously some people wouldn't be able to beat another due to that (Roberto Duran would probably have difficulty in a match against Nikolai Valuev for instance), so don't go solely based on that. Vote for who you think is the greatest, the best boxer, or just your favorite if you want, and please feel free to comment on here! I'm really excited that people are interested, since I feel like it could generate a lot of interesting discussions.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh, I'm a little bummed. I picked a bunch of giant slayers, but if it's not random, I think my guys are in trouble! :)

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm a little bummed. I picked a bunch of giant slayers, but if it's not random, I think my guys are in trouble! :)
Unfortunately you have excels randomization to thank for that. The numbers for the seeds mean nothing...otherwise tyson would be a lot lower and ali would be a lot higher.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just got back from a nice party. I'm all....you know. I'll have to wait until the morn.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Are we to just vote? Or can we offer opinion and analysis of the various matches as they are presented?
I'm good either way.

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are we to just vote? Or can we offer opinion and analysis of the various matches as they are presented?
I'm good either way.
The votes the main thing, but discussion and analysis always makes these things more interesting :)

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I;m guessing with the amount of posts this weekend, this fell off the main page. Either that, or this tournament is ending very early.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Toughest thing is when in their respective careers are they fighting. So I'm just imagining them at their peak, their best.

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Toughest thing is when in their respective careers are they fighting. So I'm just imagining them at their peak, their best.
That's what I'm doing as well. Some did not age well, so it's unfair to me to compare at those points.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Smokin Joe Frazier should be in this.

Yes, he should.

My favorite boxing pic. Shows the loneliness of a fighter.

original-c858a0fc47244632db4c959ba8b551e8.jpg

Latest Discussions