Understanding Men....

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
John you area a playa. Ceicei wants to tye you up and Nalia wants to watch.
All the women are after you.
I'm a dead man but it was worth it.

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
I donno if this has been said before, but it seems to fit in this thread:

The nice men are ugly.
The handsome men are not nice.
The handsome and nice men are gay.
The handsome, nice and heterosexual men are married.
The men who are not so handsome but are nice men have no money.
The men who are not so handsome but are nice men with money think we are only after their money.
The handsome men without money are after our money.
The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual don't think we are beautiful enough.
The men who think we are beautiful, that are heterosexual, somewhat nice and have money are cowards.
The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and are heterosexual are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!!!
The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest in us when we take the initiative.

NOW... WHO IN THE HELL UNDERSTANDS MEN?

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sarah said:
The men who think we are beautiful, that are heterosexual, somewhat nice and have money are cowards.
that we are. we're a shy bunch, us geeks. beautiful women scare us...cause...well...we're geeks. :wink1:

but ladies dig geeks, right...? right....? helllloooooooo....

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sarah said:
I like the good looking ones....YUM
Feisty Mouse said:
Geeks are hot.
yay....now...without donning a pocket protector...now I just have to become more geeky...oh, wait...I think I've reached my limit for this month...hmm..

yeah...highly attractive women tend to turn us into puddle of Jello...but just remember...there's always room for Jello. :wink1:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sarah said:
I donno if this has been said before, but it seems to fit in this thread:

The nice men are ugly.
The handsome men are not nice.
The handsome and nice men are gay.
The handsome, nice and heterosexual men are married.
The men who are not so handsome but are nice men have no money.
The men who are not so handsome but are nice men with money think we are only after their money.
The handsome men without money are after our money.
The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual don't think we are beautiful enough.
The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and are heterosexual are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!!!
The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest in us when we take the initiative.

NOW... WHO IN THE HELL UNDERSTANDS MEN?

Oh, so by that logical thinking I'm ugly and a worthless bum huh?

'Cause I happen to be a nice man without a job (for the moment). Huh? Huh? ..... Ohhh kay, I see.

(whistles tunelessly while walking casually away .... :rolleyes: )

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
Originally Posted by Ceicei
UMMM, yep!! I married one, and he's still hot!

- Ceicei
Good choice! :D
Now, remember Ceicei ... HE chose YOU and he was like a dog with a choice grade A steak that growled whenever anyone got near it (you)....

YES he DID Ceicei, you were just too much of a woman (still are ... in a great way) to notice a man thing like that. All of us other guys did. So we backed off. We all liked the guy (still do :D ) so it was a male type of respecting the unseen boundries that were all around you. You know like Concerta wire, claymores, croc-filled moats and punji-pits.

It's like I told you before... it's a GUY thing so don't eee-ven try to understand it.

As for the rest of you ladies... give it up huh? Quid-pro-quo. Tell us some of your mysteries and we'll tell ya some of ours. Shoot with THIS thread ya'll are getting loads of insight. Sheesh!

:lol:

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Sarah said:

*was going to say something, but got embarassed, ran, and hid behind a chair blushing profusely*

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Now, remember Ceicei ... HE chose YOU and he was like a dog with a choice grade A steak that growled whenever anyone got near it (you)....

YES he DID Ceicei, you were just too much of a woman (still are ... in a great way) to notice a man thing like that. All of us other guys did. So we backed off. We all liked the guy (still do :D ) so it was a male type of respecting the unseen boundries that were all around you. You know like Concerta wire, claymores, croc-filled moats and punji-pits.

It's like I told you before... it's a GUY thing so don't eee-ven try to understand it.

As for the rest of you ladies... give it up huh? Quid-pro-quo. Tell us some of your mysteries and we'll tell ya some of ours. Shoot with THIS thread ya'll are getting loads of insight. Sheesh!
:lol:
Remember, I was the one who said, "Yes", so there! I chose him!!!!

- Ceicei

JPR

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh come on, men are very simple to understand. But if you are having trouble, as a public service, I’ll give you some guidelines:

• We never grew up.
  • We don’t have control of our own minds. At any given point in time our minds may just wander off and have us exclusively day dreaming some wild / weird thing, thus we often answer, “ahhhh, yes dear.”
  • We are terribly slow to adjust to change. That is why we will try to fix a thing the same way that has failed 100 times before. Also it is why your mood changes terrify us.
  • We have terrible memories for important things (like birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) because our minds are stuffed full of trivia of sports, martial arts etc.
  • When we say it is “a guy thing”, we are admitting that to a rational, outside observer what just happened makes no sense what so ever. But then, we really don’t care what a rational, outside observer thinks to begin with. It is a guy thing.
  • Your mood swings remind us, on the primal level, of our mother’s mood swings. For a little boy this is a very scary thing.
  • If we cannot chase it away, it scares us. If we cannot smash it, it scares us. If we cannot fix it, it scares us. If we cannot laugh at it, it scares us. See why your emotions are so much trouble?
  • Our senses are not as well developed as yours. That is why: smells don’t matter, the mess in the house doesn’t register to us, no we didn’t hear what so and so said at the party that offended you, there really isn’t too much salt in the soup.
  • We are looking to maximize playtime and minimize work. Anything we don’t like is work.
  • We all dream of being great adventurers, heroes, warriors, etc. and spend as much time as possible escaping our mundane existence to live this dream. That is why we will spend countless hours and effort in Martial Arts or weekend sports, but if you ask us to mow the yard it is too much effort.
  • When you ask us what something is or what we are doing and we answer in a vague way, don’t press. We are doing something that if we explain it to you we will be embarrassed and we hate being embarrassed.
  • If all else fails remember #1.

JPR

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JPR said:
Oh come on, men are very simple to understand. But if you are having trouble, as a public service, I’ll give you some guidelines:

• We never grew up.
  • We don’t have control of our own minds. At any given point in time our minds may just wander off and have us exclusively day dreaming some wild / weird thing, thus we often answer, “ahhhh, yes dear.”
  • We are terribly slow to adjust to change. That is why we will try to fix a thing the same way that has failed 100 times before. Also it is why your mood changes terrify us.
  • We have terrible memories for important things (like birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) because our minds are stuffed full of trivia of sports, martial arts etc.
  • When we say it is “a guy thing”, we are admitting that to a rational, outside observer what just happened makes no sense what so ever. But then, we really don’t care what a rational, outside observer thinks to begin with. It is a guy thing.
  • Your mood swings remind us, on the primal level, of our mother’s mood swings. For a little boy this is a very scary thing.
  • If we cannot chase it away, it scares us. If we cannot smash it, it scares us. If we cannot fix it, it scares us. If we cannot laugh at it, it scares us. See why your emotions are so much trouble?
  • Our senses are not as well developed as yours. That is why: smells don’t matter, the mess in the house doesn’t register to us, no we didn’t hear what so and so said at the party that offended you, there really isn’t too much salt in the soup.
  • We are looking to maximize playtime and minimize work. Anything we don’t like is work.
  • We all dream of being great adventurers, heroes, warriors, etc. and spend as much time as possible escaping our mundane existence to live this dream. That is why we will spend countless hours and effort in Martial Arts or weekend sports, but if you ask us to mow the yard it is too much effort.
  • When you ask us what something is or what we are doing and we answer in a vague way, don’t press. We are doing something that if we explain it to you we will be embarrassed and we hate being embarrassed.
  • If all else fails remember #1.
JPR
J ~

It...it all makes so much sense now.

So, when do men grow up?

:D

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
JPR, you just made me understand myself better, so surely the females must get it now...