Trained vs untrained

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
found this on a bjj forum. Basically it's a discussion about a post where a boyfriend got tapped out by his girlfriend when play fighting and he got pissed about it. The article discusses if she was right or wrong in what she did.

This is the article.

The Importance Of Communication & Consent Between BJJ People & Untrained People

Personally I think the guy needs to suck it up. Seems like his ego was damaged more than anything else. They're having a play fight and he knows his girl does jiu Jitsu what does he expect. Just thought it'd be interesting to share and see what you guys think of this
The whole point of training (at least for me) is to develop functional skills that should allow you to, at the very least, best an untrained person most of the time.

So her jui jitsu was working as intended. Hats off to her coach.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't know. This seems to me to be crossed wires. She thought they were wrestling. He thought they were rasslin.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
She should dump him and come see me. I understand her.

And will make her delicious eggplant parmigiana.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I haven't trained my left leg to that - been avoiding/protecting that toe. Seems a good idea, so I'm hoping after the surgery I'll be able to kick properly on that side again.

You can still hit that left side with the right leg. You just kink the kick.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can still hit that left side with the right leg. You just kink the kick.
Maybe you can. My kicks aren't that versatile. I mean, if we're in a matching fighting stance (rights forward), I can get across to it, or if the guy's offset a bit, but with the left even a little forward, I'm not going to get any power to the liver with my right foot.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Looks like he caught him near the middle. I have to remind myself the liver exists not only on the right - that's just the largest portion. Thanks.

We have decided through trial and error that the whole line across the stomach area will drop a fool.

Latest Discussions