Tournament results

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My association hosted a tournament yesterday. My students did great, and all but one of them placed in at least one event. As I recall, it was:

Green belt: gold in green/blue belt patterns, silver in women's green belt sparring (might have those reversed), bronze in women's green/blue belt breaking

Blue belt: silver in junior boys' blue belt sparring

Red belt (1): gold in red belt men's breaking

Red belt (2): silver in red belt men's patterns, bronze in red belt men's breaking

Red belt (3): bronze in juniors' red belt patterns

Black belt: bronze in men's heavyweight I-II Dan sparring

Me: bronze in III-V Dan patterns

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kacey that is great news for you and your school. Sorry we had to miss it the AAU qualifier landed on the same weekend just got back into town.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nicccccce!!

A little external recognition is always easy to live with, eh? (And nothing is quite as gratifying to a teacher as a student's success, because you can feel good both for them and for yourself, that you taught them that well.)

Well done to all!

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My association hosted a tournament yesterday. My students did great, and all but one of them placed in at least one event. As I recall, it was:

Green belt: gold in green/blue belt patterns, silver in women's green belt sparring (might have those reversed), bronze in women's green/blue belt breaking

Blue belt: silver in junior boys' blue belt sparring; bronze in junior boys' blue belt patterns

Red belt (1): gold in red belt men's breaking; bronze in red belt men's sparring

Red belt (2): silver in red belt men's patterns, bronze in red belt men's breaking

Red belt (3): bronze in juniors' red belt patterns

Black belt: silver (not bronze) in men's heavyweight I-II Dan sparring

Me: bronze in III-V Dan patterns

Apparently, I missed a couple (I was bracketing, but I didn't have time to watch the rankings as carefully as I would have liked to). See changes in bold. Overall, my students and I entered 12 events, and came back with 12 medals (the red belt men were in the same divisions), and I only had 1 student out of 6 (another red belt man) who didn't place in something.

Latest Discussions