AFMAC Dragons do well in San Jose!!

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just have o take a moment to give props to my competition team. This week they went to San Jose, CA compete in the Junior Nationals. We sent 10 of our team members. (I was unable to go do to various complications...and I'm sorry I missed this)

Anyway, our team set a new record....9 medals.

The Dillon sisters, Kiera (8-9 girls div) and Lauren (10-11 girls div)each won Bronze in Sparring.
Nate leibsch took silver in forms.
MIke and Joe Dane ended up fighting erach other fro the gold in sparring. Mike won gold and Joe took the silver. Mike went on to compete in the World dvision and garrnered a bronze (being beaten by the eventual gold medalist in that division). Quite an accomplishment for his first time at nationals.
Our oldest competitor, Chris Spurlino took silver in forms and sparring in the 14-18 black belt male division. This after being retired from competition for the past 3 years.
Amanda Bevilaqua garnered a silver in sparring in the 10-11 BB girls division.

I worked with these young men and women all season. Always I was impressed with their heart, their dedication and their ever increasing skill. Clearly all that hard work paid off. I'm so proud of them I could burst!

CONGRATS DRAGONS!! :D

Peace,
Erik

Latest Discussions