Tournament results

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For those who didn't know, I was out of town this weekend at a tournament in Salt Lake City - the YomChi TKD Nationals. I took 4 of my students with me, and here's how they did:

12 year-old female green belt: bronze in green and blue belt junior patterns
Adult male green belt (12 year-old's father): silver in adult men's green and blue belt sparring, bronze in adult men's color belt breaking
Adult male green belt: gold in adult green and blue belt patterns, silver in adult men's color belt breaking, and Men's Grand Champion (the look on his face was incredible)
15 year-old male white belt: silver in white and yellow junior boy's sparring, silver in white and yellow junior patterns

I haven't had time to process all the pictures, but my students told me I could share pictures, so here are some of them:

Peewee sparring... the contrast between the center referee and the competitors made a great shot!
TheWinnah.jpg

The Grand Champions (Men's, Women's, Junior's and Children's) - the Men's Grand Champion, on the left, is one of my students
Champions.jpg

Another student and her mother, after she placed 3rd in patterns:
HeidiandKelsi.jpg

My students, with our senior master (in the middle)
Mystudents.jpg

After I go through the rest, I'll try to post some more.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent pics Kacey. Am I safe in assuming that is you in the last picture on the right? :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yay!! That is SOOO awesome Kacey!!

Great pics!! :) :)

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent pics Kacey. Am I safe in assuming that is you in the last picture on the right? :)

Yes, that's me. I was a little tired; I was tournament director, and it was about 5 pm when that was taken - and I got there at 7:30 am.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those are great results, Kacey. And that shot of the two little ones with that massive ref is... I dunno, perfect pretty much sums it up.

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those are great results, Kacey. And that shot of the two little ones with that massive ref is... I dunno, perfect pretty much sums it up.

I thought so too - the referee is my instructor, and he treated those competitors with exactly the same courtesy and professionalism he treated the black belts, which was something the picture doesn't really capture.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought so too - the referee is my instructor, and he treated those competitors with exactly the same courtesy and professionalism he treated the black belts, which was something the picture doesn't really capture.

It would be hard to show that in a single photo, I suppose. But what the picture does capture is the fact that this gentleman is taking these two little competitors extremely seriously, which matches up with what you say about him.

What I find funny and kind of touching is the way they're looking at him, especially the one on the right side of the photo---he looks more alarmed about the ref than about his opponent. That shot is a real classic---thanks for letting us see them all.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was a little tired; I was tournament director, and it was about 5 pm when that was taken - and I got there at 7:30 am.

A lot of competitors (and their parents) really don't realize how exhausting it can be running/officiating for a tournament.

And Kudos on some great coaching, as evidenced by your students' success :)

Thanks for the pics!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am compelled to trumpet my own friend and seniors sentiment. Your students success, albiet a product of hard work on their part is an absolute direct reflection on your skill and tenacity as an outstanding coach.

Congratulations to you and your students.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures Kacey!! Glad that everyone had a great time! :)

Mike

Latest Discussions