Total disregard for safety...

Status
Not open for further replies.

watermelon96

White Belt
Reaction score
This entire post is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read! None of you even know who trev is yet your posting stupid comments about him like he's an arch enemy..

I know trev he's my current coach and has been for the past year, trevs a friendly bloke and when It comes to teaching martial arts he's one of the best there is!
All this talk about him is crap and shouldn't be allowed..
I was coached by trev leading into my first mma fight, won the fights and took out the trophy, could not have done it without him!!

I hope anyone reading this can understand this thread is a LIE and was only ever created to make a very good martial artist look bad.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this thread is about 5 years old. It's possible that he's changed... or that the guy was misidentified. I don't know... That sort of thing is why this thread is in the section labeled Horror Stories. Wouldn't you agree that, if the story is correct, it's some pretty scary and wrong practices in teaching?

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This entire post is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read! None of you even know who trev is yet your posting stupid comments about him like he's an arch enemy..

I know trev he's my current coach and has been for the past year, trevs a friendly bloke and when It comes to teaching martial arts he's one of the best there is!
All this talk about him is crap and shouldn't be allowed..
I was coached by trev leading into my first mma fight, won the fights and took out the trophy, could not have done it without him!!

I hope anyone reading this can understand this thread is a LIE and was only ever created to make a very good martial artist look bad.

Not everyone who reads internet stuff instantly believes it mate.
For all we know, the original post could have been his ex wife or something haha.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
If true, this person should not be teaching anything martial arts related. Jack-asses like him give all of us a bad name.

coralieb

White Belt
Reaction score
I've just cottoned on to this thread also & cannot believe what I am reading. I have had the pleasure (that's right- pleasure) of training under Trev for both BJJ & a little boxing. I was a complete beginner & found him to be a very supportive, encouraging & safe teacher. He was fantastic at showing correct technique & ensuring I was safe whilst training. I have always felt extremely comfortable training under his coaching & would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him to anyone who cared to learn correct technique safely!!!

lukeport

White Belt
Reaction score
I have had the pleasure of training with Trevor for the last 2.5-3 years. After being coached in MMA by him for one year and training BJJ with him for the whole period I have learnt a lot from him, and not once have I been concerned about my safety or been placed in a concerning situation. Throughout the period that Trev was coaching me he tailored training specific to my skill level and requirements. I hope to continue to have the opportunity to train BJJ with Trev over the coming years.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know if you guys came on here just to dispute this thread or were you joining anyway and having a look through thread when you found this one? the thing is it's a very old thread, I and many others didn't know it existed and didn't know the name of the instructor but by raising it from the grave you've actually done your instructor more harm than good I think.

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmm. 2-3 new posters who only have 1 post specifically about this guy? I wonder what would happen if we traced IP addresses....

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
What, back to train with this instructor? No.

Btw, after having a chat with my mate and then doing a little digging, i've found out a little more about this guy... his name is Trevor Kloprogge and apparently he trains ppl in a range of things - Western boxing, kickboxing, wrestling etc. Kind of like MMA i guess. He doesn't actualy hire a place, just trains people out of a garage on his property. But what really spun me out was finding out that he's a school Phys Ed teacher! I mean, "what the..?"

I'm actually quite unsure about how to proceed with this info now i have it. My friend seems a little scared that i could wreck Mr. Kloprogge's day job by reporting him and then he might trace things back to her and make life uncomfortable for her in some way. You know how small country towns work... I'm toying with the idea of ringing workcover to go and investigate him, but if he's running the business out of his property then it could all be off the books and consequently their radar as well. I'm in the process of drafting a message to the Martial Arts Industry Association of Australia for some advice as well. I was also thinking about approaching him directly, letting him know that i'm aware of what happened and my concerns about that - like what is he doing to ensure that a similar situation doesn't occur again? What do you think? Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Is there a Kickboxing Association in Australia? They might take an interest and either get him straight or out of business.

HeyChamp!

White Belt
Reaction score
He used to teach me at school, I've been researching this guy as he was my sub PE teacher and he made me(a male) fight with another girl, i said to him i have more respect than that to hit a girl. He was showing us self defense skills and then in the Tony Frizza Stadium This chick hit me and he called me a loser and pushed me to the ground. I HATED HIM! this man pushed me to the ground and kicked me and my class laughed

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He used to teach me at school, I've been researching this guy as he was my sub PE teacher and he made me(a male) fight with another girl, i said to him i have more respect than that to hit a girl. He was showing us self defense skills and then in the Tony Frizza Stadium This chick hit me and he called me a loser and pushed me to the ground. I HATED HIM! this man pushed me to the ground and kicked me and my class laughed

Your profile says you are a 17 year old female not a male. This thread was started in 2007 ( when you were 6) and the last post was 6 years ago when you were 11.

Reaction score
Here at the martial arts BASHING police, we have been investigating certain individuals on account of RUTHLESS attacks on people. Intel has provided information on this males location. WE HAVE HIS HOME ON LOCKDOWN.
Signing off
Steve
36 year old male from brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions