Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hell to the yes.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/19/oklahoma-girl-12-shoot-suspected-burglar/

Oklahoma girl, 12, shoot suspected burglar
Published October 19, 2012Associated Press
DURANT, OKLA. – Authorities say a 12-year-old girl shot and wounded a man who kicked in the back door of her home.

Oklahoma City television station KWTV reports the incident happened Wednesday in Bryan County. The girl told police that a stranger rang the doorbell, then went around to the back door and kicked it in.

Police say the girl called her mother, who told her to get the family's gun, hide in a closet and call 911. Authorities say the man came into the room where she was hiding and tried to open the closet door.

Bryan County Undersheriff Ken Golden says the girl opened fire when the man turned the doorknob.

She did the right thing. She had good parenting; clearly good training; she kept her head and did what she had to do. She must have been going through hell as this was happening; I cannot imagine what her terror level must have been. Good for her.

And *that* folks, is why if you choose to keep a weapon in the house, you don't hide it from your children, you don't keep it unloaded, you TRAIN your children, you TEACH your children, and you TRUST your children to do the right thing when you have done all of that.

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/girl-shoots-intruder

Check out the video in the link above.

Girl shoots intruder
Updated: Friday, 19 Oct 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 19 Oct 2012, 1:29 PM EDT

Erin Jones
CALERA, Okla. (KTEN) - A would-be burglar is recovering after being shot by a 12-year-old girl.

It started as a day like any other for Kendra St. Clair.

"I usually just sit on the couch and watch TV," she said.

That is until she heard her door bell ring.

"I didn't know who the guy was when I saw him, so I didn't answer," she said.

She went to the blinds to get a closer look at the man at her door.

That's when she says 32-year-old Stacey Jones started pounding on her door.

Scared and worried, she called her mom.

"She said 'Mom I think he's going to the back door' and I said you go get the gun and you get in my closet right now and call 911," Debra St.Clair said.

"I was sitting in the closet really scared holding the gun, not knowing what was going to happen. When he turned the door handle I shot towards him with my mom's gun and it hit him in the arm," Kendra St. Clair said.

She says after she shot Jones in the shoulder he ran out of the bathroom.

She stayed on the phone with the 911 dispatcher the entire time she was in the closet.

She didn't leave until the dispatcher told her it was okay.

Hell. To. The. Yes.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Saw the story on the Moving Picture Box this morning. Liked the story.

I would never, ever, patch the bullet hole in the door.

If I moved, I'd take the freaking door with me. :)

Good girl.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's quite a young lady!

I hope the parents are ensuring she feels no undue negativity because of this.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I bet he'll think twice about breaking into a house thinking no one is home. Must have surprised the hell out of him. I'm proud of the young girl. She's got courage.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
She showed very good judgment throughout the whole thing by the sound of it. Nice work mom and dad!

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good! I wouldn't have been sad if she'd killed him and it probably would have been better for society for him to be gone, but it's probably better for her to not have killed him.

When help is needed immediately, 911 is only minutes away.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the size of the hole in the door and wall the dirt bag is lucky to be alive. Score one for the brave young lady.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
well she did well. but she needs to be trained to always shoot at least twice and work on her targeting. But other wise great job. every child should be trained in use of weapons and how to deal with emergency's. But she did what she was told to and obviously was trusted and that training and trust payed off in her survival.

Latest Discussions