Tit for tat: PETA gets a taste of its own....pie

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
sorry about another peta topic, but this was too darn freakin' funny =]

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows my views on peta. They tell half truths and whole lies (like we kill white coats when its been illegal here since the 1980's)

PETA protester hit with pie outside N.L. hotel where Harper speaking
(CP) – 5 hours ago
ST. JOHN'S, N.L. — People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals got a taste of its own tactics as one of its seal hunt protesters was pied in St. John's, N.L., on Friday.
A woman wearing a seal suit was waiting for Prime Minister Stephen Harper to arrive for a speech when a man approached, dressed in a local mascot's outfit - a dog with a rain slicker and a sou'wester.
The seal hunt supporter shoved a cream pie into the woman's face after knocking off the head of her seal costume.
The man then took off down the street.
Twenty-one-year-old Emily Lavender said she was happy to take a pie in the face for her cause.
PETA took credit earlier this week for hitting federal Fisheries Minister Gail Shea in the face with a pie to protest her support for sealing.
Lavender held a sign that said: "Harper Stop the Seal Slaughter" as a handful of seal hunt supporters counter protested.
Lavender doesn't think it was over the line to pie Shea.
"It was a little tofu on her face," she said. "It's not nearly as embarrassing as the blood on her hands. And it's time she stop supporting the largest massacre of marine mammals on the planet."
Wallace Ryan of St. John's told Lavender to leave, that she was embarrassing herself.
He wore a T-shirt that said: "If seals were ugly, nobody would give a damn."
"We're here to point out that PETA has incited violence and hate against Newfoundland and Labrador for years," he said.
Sealers rely on the spring hunt economically, Ryan said, and PETA has no right to interfere.
A seal hunt protester with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) was pied in St. John's on Friday by someone dressed up in a Newfoundland dog costume.
The incident happened on a street corner in the downtown, while people were waiting for Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who was in the city for a speech to the construction industry association.
PETA had earlier warned that it would protest the Canadian seal hunt during the Harper event.
Someone dressed in a seal suit accompanied the protester, Emily Lavender, 21, of Vancouver Island, B.C.
However, in a twist, it turned out the person wearing the outfit was an employee of K-Rock — a private FM radio station in St. John's — who contacted PETA in the morning and offered to help with the protest.
Shortly after the protest began, Jason Mills unzipped the costume and started denouncing PETA and its protests in front of the cameras.
Lavender then put the suit on herself and started to continue the protest when a van pulled up and a person dressed in a Newfoundland dog costume jumped out, pulled off the head of Lavender's costume and pushed a cream pie into her face.
nl-seal-pie-2.jpg
PETA member Emily Lavender reacts to having a pie thrown in her face during an incident in St. John's Friday. (CBC) "He walks over with a pie and after a brief scuffle with this woman, who was putting on the seal suit, he pied her in the face and went away," David Cochrane of CBC News reported from the scene.
After she composed herself, Lavender told reporters: "That's OK, I'll take a pie in the face any day to save a seal."
On Monday, PETA received national attention when one of its members hit Federal Fisheries Minister Gail Shea with a pie during a public event in Ontario.
With files from The Canadian Press

here's 2 links.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gPsnKt2G8il08B9SSXBCW3Y4GDBQ

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/01/29/nl-seal-pie-012910.html#ixzz0e3dJWC9Q

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The ONLY pies that ought to be thrown at these idiots are COW pies.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
She was a good sport about it though. I'll give her that.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I like it.
Only in Canada do protests end in a Pie Fight and not a riot. Yup, I love living here.
lori

OP
Blade96

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
i dont know how they, peta, became one of the biggest groups in the world. For one thing, they pick and choose what they wanna do away with. Like our seal hunt. you hate the hunting. Well, ok, then you'd have to be against our moose hunt, our rabbit hunt, and well, well, we NL er's also have a coyote hunt. and earn money with it too. and what about the native peoples, who've been hunting for thousands of years? Its important for culture and their livelihood, just like NL seal hunters. *puts hand to ear* I'm not hearing anything.....I dont see how these peta nutbars are taken seriously by anyone. The reason they pick out seal hunter and not the moose hunter is because, bless my tail, they wouldnt get attention or make money on that! and there's no blood on white ice and moose arent 'cute'

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've long despised pie throwing as political activism. There was a spasm of it in the USA not long ago, most of the targets then being conservative figures.

What the pie tossing protestor really wants is a stigma free chance to assault an adversary and prevent them from speaking to an audience. Heaven forbid the public should see that side of me.... so let's disguise the attack as some slapstick.... ya-ta-ta-ta-da!

If there's humor in a violent attempt to suppress the opposing side, well, this American isn't laughing.

Latest Discussions