MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Roeder: No regrets after shooting doctor

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/28/abortion.roeder.testifies/index.html?hpt=T1

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Scott Roeder says he has no regrets over killing Dr. George Tiller at church on May 31
  • Roeder says abortion is murder, and he acted to save lives of the unborn
  • Tiller ran a women's clinic where he performed abortions in Wichita, Kansas
  • Roeder testified he thought of various ways to kill Tiller
(CNN) -- A man on trial for gunning down an abortion provider in church said he had no regrets because "abortion is murder."

Scott Roder, 51, said he shot and killed Dr. George Tiller as services began on May 31 to save the lives of the unborn.

"There was nothing being done and the legal process had been exhausted, and these babies were dying every day," Roeder said. "I felt that if someone did not do something, he was going to continue."

Roeder is charged with one count of first-degree murder. Tiller ran a women's clinic at which he performed abortions, including the controversial late-term procedure.

Asked if he regretted what he did, Roeder said, "No, I don't." Upon learning that Tiller's clinic was shut down after his death, he said he felt "a sense of relief."

Tiller, 67, was one of the few U.S. doctors who performed late-term abortions. He had already survived one attempt on his life before he was slain.

He decided to kill Tiller at his church, he said, because "I felt that actually if he was to be stopped, that was probably the only place he could have been stopped. ... It was the only window of opportunity I saw."

On May 31, though, the doctor was there, and "I did what I thought was needed to be done to protect the children," Roeder said. "I shot him."

"The lives of those children were in imminent danger if someone did not stop George Tiller," he said.

Earlier, Roeder testified that his anti-abortion beliefs "go hand in hand" with his religious beliefs. He said he became born again in 1992 after watching an episode of "The 700 Club."

Asked about incest, he said his beliefs were the same. "It isn't our duty to take life, it's our heavenly father's," he said.

Defense attorney Steve Osburn, in opening statements Thursday, told jurors Roeder "killed Dr. Tiller because he believed that was the only way, necessary to save the lives of the unborn."

"abortion is murder."
"It isn't our duty to take life, it's our heavenly father's,"
What do you call putting a gun to a mans head in his church and executing him?

"You shall not murder/kill"
Guess this doesn't apply anymore huh?

He said he became born again in 1992 after watching an episode of "The 700 Club." Pat Robertson.
Explains the insanity.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm assuming because he believes in a god/jesus he will be forgiven his sins and still get into his heaven.

I think Flea has a link on another thread on what should be used on this guy.

Do you think this guy even know what the word hypocracy means??

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
While I could not disagree more with the practice of late term partial birth abortion, this nutbag shooter is no better than that which he opposes. I hope he gets convicted and spends his remaining existence in a small concrete box.

I guess this supposed "Christian" got an e-mail from the Lord saying that His will was that a murder should be committed in church?

To me, there is no difference between this violent nut and his Islamoloony cousins in the Middle East.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the guys a piece of hypocritical **** that should be executed in the old Transylvania tradition.....impalement.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kansas has the death penalty.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a sick, twisted ****. Hopefully, the people who are sitting on his jury, will have no regrets about sending this piece of **** to the chair. My take on abortion....if its done by a professional doctor, then IMO, its nobodies business what someone does. Do they know the reason behind the abortion? No. If someone got raped, and they dont want to carry the scumbags child, they have every right to get one. While I feel that its the right of the person having the baby, to get one, I also feel that there should be solid reasons behind it. Getting one, because you were dumb and got yourself pregnant, but didnt really want the child in the first place, well, thats no reason to have one.

These nutjobs, who are so against abortion, are so ****ed in the head in the first place, that they dont see that they're no different than the guy doing the abortion. He's taking a life and so are they.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kansas has the death penalty.

Yes...but by a humane means.

No matter, he'll have a very long wait on death row until they figure out how to use those needles.

And thats the part that sucks. You get appeal after appeal after appeal, the entire process turns into some epic event. Is the guy guilty of the crime? Does the crime fit the death penalty requirements? If yes, then give the guy no more than a few months to get things in order, strap his *** to the bed, and get it over with.

Amazing how many bags of **** are sitting on death row here in CT.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My position on abortion is simple.

When I can have one, it's an issue for me.
When someone carrying my kid is considering one, it's an issue for me.
Other than that, not my concern, not my place, not my problem.
The person who chooses to have one is the one who has to live with the physical, emotional and mental fallout, not me.

"But Bob, do you think it's right or wrong?"
See above.

"But that's not an answer."
Yes it is. The USSC said it's legal, therefore it's legal. Beyond that, N.M.P.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think any kind of religious crusade is hubris in the highest degree. People are trying to elevate themselves to a position of being more powerful than God, under the assumption that the all-powerful master of the universe needs their help.

Roeder should have attended a 12-Step meeting. "Let go, and let God."

After a blunder like this, I can't help but wonder what his next incarnation will look like ...

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Flea I don't know what the next incarnation will be but I'm hoping it's a female and I"m hoping somewhere in a 3rd world country.
lori

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the guys a piece of hypocritical **** that should be executed in the old Transylvania tradition.....impalement.

you mean something like romanian ruler vlad the impaler? Ewwww, Bob =]

I dont believe in the death penalty. I think its hypocritical, myself. Someone kills, then the state will turn around and kill them.

i can say one thing for the pro lifers here (meaning ones in Newfoundland). They actually don't kill anybody nor do they condone anyone like this sick piece of douchenozzle of the highest degree.

If there were Dan ranks given for being a bonehead I'd have to give him a 10th (same as the highest rank we have in the art i do). First for killing people and being a hypocrite of the highest degree, second, for pushing his views on others. also for claiming they know that 'thou shall not kill' actually applies to the unborn (the bible says it doesn't) So much for claiming they follow the Bible and Christianity.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Flea I don't know what the next incarnation will be but I'm hoping it's a female and I"m hoping somewhere in a 3rd world country.
lori

A really hardcore 3rd world country where birth control doesn't exist and rape victims are prosecuted for adultery.

(Who, me? Vindictive? :idunno: Meh, whatever.)

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
The nice thing about trials like this is that you don't have to spend a lot of time trying to build a case. True believers want you to know what they did. They're proud of it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584243,00.html

The jury deliberated for just 37 minutes before finding Scott Roeder, 51, of Kansas City, Mo., guilty of premeditated, first-degree murder for putting a gun to the forehead of Dr. George Tiller on May 31 and pulling the trigger.

Defense attorney Mark Rudy described his case as helpless and hopeless.

"I've never seen anyone lay himself out as much as Mr. Roeder did," Rudy said after the verdict, referring to his client's confessions.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
A really hardcore 3rd world country where birth control doesn't exist and rape victims are prosecuted for adultery.

(Who, me? Vindictive? :idunno: Meh, whatever.)

Where girl children are Sold into brothels at 10 and dead or STD's by 18? YUP that would be the ones Flea. I believe this Earth is a School and that soul needs a lesson, soooooo that'll learn 'em.

lori

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
People can justify almost any action in the name of some imaginary voice in their head huh? I hope he's put down like the mad dog he is.

No way, man. The last thing the movement needs is another martyr.

(Be advised that the above link includes some very graphic photos, a common rhetoric for anti-abortion extremists. Their choice of music in the video is totally surreal, and illustrates my point perfectly.)

Pax vobiscum.

Latest Discussions