This could have been avoided

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score

First of all, she should have not said anything in the first place.

Not sure if the woman could see from her angle but it was quite obvious something was about to go down and as soon as those girls stood up, the woman should have gotten up and left.

Those girls are not in the right. Someone being nasty to you does not allow you to attack them.

Last edited by a moderator:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*sigh*

It's a conundrum in that if you don't speak up about some things then those who don't care about boundaries will keep on stepping until they meet a boundary that won't fail.

But then ... one has to pick one's battles with care.

OP
K

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If someone is being disrespectful in an enclosed area with other people, they should be called out. But if that someone is holding a chainsaw, it might be best to leave that someone alone.

poollshark

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The only one in that video who acted responsibly was the gentleman who stopped the fighting, the three women were all wrong for different reasons. IMHO.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
all three of those women are idiots.
plain and simple.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People break rules all the time, especially public transportation. On a train it's difficult to maintain it unless an officer is in the same car and can assert the rules to anyone breaking them.
When I was riding PT I saw it a lot... ignored it because they got people who get paid to watch out for it, put a stop to it and remove the problem if necessary.

The white lady shouldn't have been insulting and thus instigated the attention. The black girls shouldn't have gotten all uppity about it and ignored the lady... knowing full well she didn't have the authority other than a citizen to tell them they're breaking the rules. But the white lady calling them animals...

Agreed the best of the bunch were the men who broke up the fight and trying to calm things down before it got into a physical altercation.

One comment from the video I read I agree with... mind your own business... if it were a flagrant act of rule breaking (smoking... which really DOES affect people) then by all means... but eating... :idunno: I've had to do it myself a few times because I was on my way to work and didn't have time to stop and eat...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its one thing to complain, its quite another to call someone an animal. Some people just beg for a punch in the mouth.
Sean