Thinking of returning to Kenpo

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So I know i had some bad experiences with kenpo in the past which I've shared here but I've always loved th style and I still practice the moves and the forms but I've seen a new school has opened up and the instructor is a 7th dan with a good reputation and good students. So I'm thinking of going down and seeing what it's like.

I wouldn't be quitting kickboxing as I love kickboxing and the kenpo is on a Monday and Wednesday and kickboxing is Tuesday and Thursday so I'd be able to do both. I know the styles are different but still compatible with each other and since I've found myself single now lately I've got more time on my hands so I thought why not.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know what your bad experiences were in the past. Since you like the style itself, I am assuming they are more related to the teacher and other students, rather than Kenpo itself. If you think it is worth a shot, then go for it.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know what your bad experiences were in the past. Since you like the style itself, I am assuming they are more related to the teacher and other students, rather than Kenpo itself. If you think it is worth a shot, then go for it.
No, there is some terrible kenpo out there. Nice guys, teach it, too. :)

Latest Discussions