The solution to the US problems

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It doesn't? American food is AWESOME! From the deliciousness that is Southern Cooking, to the awesomeness that is Cajun food, to the seafood on both coasts to what REALLY makes American food rock: the fusions we have invented as a result of the huge mash of culinary styles present.

American versions of Asian, Mexican and Italian foods are inspired by, but truly distinct versions of food. American food kicks butt.

British food? Well, it's no wonder they make good, strong beer. Masks the taste of the fried offal! Hehe. :)

I'll add that throughout our country, our ability to char meat over open flames is as good as anyone's. As a country, we have taken cooking over flame to a new level, from rubs to sauces, hot, sweet or both, our BBQ and Grilling is top tier.

pft, they don't even have Schwenkbraten in the US!
nuff said!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Carol, I've been there. I'm just giving them crap. Don't steal my thunder! :D

I'll steal your thunder if I want to, West Coast. You stand up and listen when the Northeast is talking! :p

We need to have a talk. Pissing off our allies, are ya now? Out of all the countries where you could dish out a ration of trash, its gotta be Britain. Great :rolleyes:

Why can't you go hatin' on the Swiss, like these fine young Canadians did? :rofl:

[yt]i2XTuc6i1Uo[/yt]

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'll steal your thunder if I want to, West Coast. You stand up and listen when the Northeast is talking! :p

We need to have a talk. Pissing off our allies, are ya now? Out of all the countries where you could dish out a ration of trash, its gotta be Britain. Great :rolleyes:

Why can't you go hatin' on the Swiss, like these fine young Canadians did? :rofl:

[yt]i2XTuc6i1Uo[/yt]
Haha. Don't even get me started on the Swiss. Leave it to them to make a knife that does everything BUT cut stuff. The blade on those swiss army knives are pathetic!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

Oh, c'mon. They have a queen. Their food sucks. They think curling's a sport. And don't forget that the OP proposes that the "solution to all our problems" is to become part of the commonwealth again-ruled by a country that's just 2/3 the size of the state of New Mexico? (I'm talking "United Kingdom" here, tez-at 94,000 sq. miles to New Mexico's 121,000).

You're right about their candy. And their adoptions of other cuisines-their curries rock. "British" food, though? "Scottish" food, though? "Irish" food, though? I'm afraid that 9 times out of ten, I'll have to pass.....some of the things they do to perfectly good meat are just........tragic. Breakfast is usually a fun surprise on that side of the pond as well......beans? Really?...:lfao: On the other hand, I occasionally enjoy huevos rancheros-just so you know that I'm KIDDING! :lfao:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Says a lot about us lot when threads like this always end up on food! shows our hearts where our hearts really lie, forget cultural differences, martial arts, wars, treaties etc bring on the food!
Hands up how many after posting a comment on food had to go and get something to eat?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Says a lot about us lot when threads like this always end up on food! shows our hearts where our hearts really lie, forget cultural differences, martial arts, wars, treaties etc bring on the food!
Hands up how many after posting a comment on food had to go and get something to eat?
Not me... not yet, but I'm going to eat the hell out of a Cobb salad in 30 minutes or so.

OP
C

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score

For some of us, it's just cultural. I mean, YK is coming up, a fast bookended by feasts :bangahead:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I can have one, sometimes 2 of those.

Making this my last post of the night, up early tomorrow as travelling in morning to go away for the weekend, will be thinking of you and yours. Take care.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll add that throughout our country, our ability to char meat over open flames is as good as anyone's. As a country, we have taken cooking over flame to a new level, from rubs to sauces, hot, sweet or both, our BBQ and Grilling is top tier.

Oh-oh! Fighting words to the Aussies I fear :shivers:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do have to agree tho' that talking about differences in food and what is great that is cooked in other nations and cultures is a brilliant way to dissolve national tensions and break down barriers. Shared sports too but that is not so universal.

A wonderful example is the Bangladeshi fellow who recently joined our team. Religion, Afghanistan, immigration ... all going to be tricky subjects to strike up a conversation on to break the 'new guy' ice - but curry and cricket! Huzzar!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, c'mon. They have a queen. Their food sucks. They think curling's a sport. And don't forget that the OP proposes that the "solution to all our problems" is to become part of the commonwealth again-ruled by a country that's just 2/3 the size of the state of New Mexico? (I'm talking "United Kingdom" here, tez-at 94,000 sq. miles to New Mexico's 121,000).

You're right about their candy. And their adoptions of other cuisines-their curries rock. "British" food, though? "Scottish" food, though? "Irish" food, though? I'm afraid that 9 times out of ten, I'll have to pass.....some of the things they do to perfectly good meat are just........tragic. Breakfast is usually a fun surprise on that side of the pond as well......beans? Really?...:lfao: On the other hand, I occasionally enjoy huevos rancheros-just so you know that I'm KIDDING! :lfao:

Pshaw. The OP was a joke, but food? Now THAT is serious! :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As long as you folks up in the GWN keep sending out that great amber liquid for our pancakes we'll let you drop one or 2 from the list ;)

Gasp. You think that ONLY comes from Canada??? You break my cold, frozen, snowed-in heart. :D

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As long as you folks up in the GWN keep sending out that great amber liquid for our pancakes we'll let you drop one or 2 from the list ;)

I want the amber liquid that came out of the bourbon barrels before this beer went in those same barrels. Bourbon barrel aged maple syrup on pancakes and bacon candied with the same syrup along with a pour of Founders Breakfast Stout to sip would be the perfect...not just breakfast...but any meal! ;)

Latest Discussions