The Miraculous Power of Fasting

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
During my college wrestling years I knew of several deaths per year due to extreme training/weight cutting. I didn't say it was healthy or wise, but it was done. I (foolishly) did it myself. Older guys told me it was even more prevalent and extreme in the generations before mine.
Again, what you described would kill everyone who did it, not just a few a year.

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Again, what you described would kill everyone who did it, not just a few a year.
Sorry, but you are mistaken. I'm still here. I don't know how many times and how many different ways I can say it, but please feel free to believe what you want. Really.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ummmm.... maybe a math tutor is in order? 🤣
I believe what he was saying was, the reduction in sugar of 40%. What remains is over half a bucket load, meaning 60% remains. The wording wasn’t clear, but that is how I read it. No math tutor required. Just a bit of wordsmithing.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Believe whatever you want. Not sure why this particular reality is making you so defensive, but that's up to you. It was not particularly unusual among the highly competitive back in my day and days before that. Not every young man was as fragile and frightened as today's youth.
Out of curiosity, how often do you think the people that you're talking to you are? And how old are you? MIght help to know what you mean by "back in my day" to compare.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but you are mistaken. I'm still here. I don't know how many times and how many different ways I can say it, but please feel free to believe what you want. Really.
This is essentially the same as saying "I don't know what to tell you, but I jumped off the empire state building and started flying. So I'm still around. Really." The same level of likelihood.

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how often do you think the people that you're talking to you are? And how old are you? MIght help to know what you mean by "back in my day" to compare.
I don't know anything about the people posting but the words they post.

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is essentially the same as saying "I don't know what to tell you, but I jumped off the empire state building and started flying. So I'm still around. Really." The same level of likelihood.
This is getting a little weird. I just told you about my personal experience. I've said many times that you are free to believe whatever you want, that won't change reality. Why this bothers you so much is odd. It has become some kind of obsession for you. All I can say is that I have no reason to lie to you. Let's try this again: BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason I'm asking is because you're making a direct assumption that the people you're speaking with are from a later generation than you. And that's the cause of different experiences. So if you don't know they're from a later generation, why are you making that assumption?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is getting a little weird. I just told you about my personal experience. I've said many times that you are free to believe whatever you want, that won't change reality. Why this bothers you so much is odd. It has become some kind of obsession for you. All I can say is that I have no reason to lie to you. Let's try this again: BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.
An obsession for me? This is probably the 5th time I've posted in a thread of 130 posts, and the first time I've said anythinf about your claim. I think you might be confusing multiple different people having issues with your claim as one person having issues with it multiple times.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
You're all crazy people, didn't you know? Why else would we log into MT daily, if not obsession with the circular logic of strange men.

Me, I'm still trying to invalidate the "DANGER: JUICE" hypothesis. Until then, I'm avoiding anything naturally squeezed from fruit or berry.

And I'm on day 2 of my "No entrees, appetizers only" diet. So far, no problems except lingering hunger.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
No offense, but I know from your posting that you repeat yourself constantly, and aren't remotely on topic, like Milton from Office Space.

We're talking about fasting dude, you're muttering like you're gonna set the place on fire or put strychnine in the margaritas.

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Don't worry about being redundant. Post your evidence right here so we are all clear what we are talking about.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've lost track. Are we looking for evidence that fasting is good for you, evidence that fasting is bad for you, evidence that water is essential for life, evidence that these threads are circular in general, or that someone is redundant in particular? Or something else entirely?

Just trying to keep up.

Latest Discussions