The Miraculous Power of Fasting

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Whatever your urologist told you doesn't mean cranberry juice causes internal stones.
When an expert in the exact field tells me something, I tend to believe him over someone who is not anything like an expert in the field. Again, you are more than free to believe what you will. I'm really not bothered.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
When an expert in the exact field tells me something, I tend to believe him over someone who is not anything like an expert in the field. Again, you are more than free to believe what you will. I'm really not bothered.
Apparently you are bothered.

I've never had stones, and cranberry juice doesn't cause stones. And I doubt your expert told you they did.

It's more likely he told YOU to lay off everything but water. Right?

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've never had stones, and cranberry juice doesn't cause stones. And I doubt your expert told you they did.

I have and he did. And for some reason this seems very important to you. Since he was the guy who cut me open and yanked a couple of them out of my kidney, he earned my trust in his professional knowledge.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect you misheard your urologist.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe whatever you want. Not sure why this particular reality is making you so defensive, but that's up to you. It was not particularly unusual among the highly competitive back in my day and days before that. Not every young man was as fragile and frightened as today's youth.
Because BS is BS.
1650726328815.png

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe whatever you want. Not sure why this particular reality is making you so defensive, but that's up to you. It was not particularly unusual among the highly competitive back in my day and days before that. Not every young man was as fragile and frightened as today's youth.
BTW, you seem to have confused several of us with "today's youth".

What you describe - had it been "not particularly unusual" - would have been the cause of the deaths of a large number of "highly competitive" people. Bodies don't work that way. Period.

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score
BTW, you seem to have confused several of us with "today's youth".

What you describe - had it been "not particularly unusual" - would have been the cause of the deaths of a large number of "highly competitive" people. Bodies don't work that way. Period.
During my college wrestling years I knew of several deaths per year due to extreme training/weight cutting. I didn't say it was healthy or wise, but it was done. I (foolishly) did it myself. Older guys told me it was even more prevalent and extreme in the generations before mine.

Latest Discussions