The luck aggression principle

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Success is a spectrum, and its definition is subjective. But I understand your point. I don't think most people want to hurt other people, and that's an impediment to becoming really good at hurting other people.

Don’t get me wrong. Folks need to adapt to their environments. I just don't think that for most people, that means short circuiting our humanity. There are other stops on that train in between being helpless and being a killer.

I think most people do want to hurt people and win fights. At least superficially.

They don't want the work involved that is required to achieve that.

Which is why krav maga.

I don't think killers are especially terrifying to face in combat vs people with a high morality or work ethic.

Because they will fight you longer and harder.

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Success is a spectrum, and its definition is subjective. But I understand your point. I don't think most people want to hurt other people, and that's an impediment to becoming really good at hurting other people.

Don’t get me wrong. Folks need to adapt to their environments. I just don't think that for most people, that means short circuiting our humanity. There are other stops on that train in between being helpless and being a killer.
If you are saying 'most people' in a global aspect, then Yes, I would agree. But I look at it situationally.
If it is a white belt in their first tournament, it is all about having fun and getting experience. Minimal threat, minimal risk.
As the level of competition increase so must a person's mindset to match the risks.
If I am in a competition, I don't have the mindset of 'that person doesn't want to hurt me'. You have to know the rules of your competition and take them right to the limit. This usually means training well beyond the limits of the competition.

Latest Discussions