The Little Black Book of Violence

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am planning on getting this book when it becomes available in April 2009.

Amazon:

The Little Black Book of Violence: What Every Young Man Needs to Know About Fighting (Paperback)

by Lawrence A. Kane (Author), Kris Wilder (Author)

Product Description
Men commit 80 % of all violent crimes and are twice as likely to become the victims of aggressive behavior. The Little Black Book of Violence is written for men ages 15 to 35, and contains more than mere self-defense techniques. This book provides crucial information about street survival that most martial arts instructors don't even know about. Kane and Wilder explain how to use awareness, avoidance, and de-escalation to help stave off violence.

I have Kris Wilder's "The Way of Sanchin Kata" and it is one of the books I consider most useful on my martial arts bookshelf. I suspect this one will be quite useful as well.

Just an FYI, since I just saw this title while looking for something else. Thought I'd pass it along.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
kane's a good author. I have Kane and Wilder's Way of Kata. I'd be interested in a more in-depth review when this book comes out.

Peace,
Erik

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds intriguing. Will be awaiting reviews.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
I spotted that one too, looks interesting and YMAA puts out some excellent publications. I'll pick it up when it comes out.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just picked up the Little Black Book of Violence yesterday. From what little I've read so far, it looks like another great contribution from Kane/Wilder.

Latest Discussions