The Book I Cannot Buy...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like we have an explanation. Of course, it should have been given the first time ANYONE kicked an order for the mistake. I see it as roughly comparable to going into a restaurant, ordering a special, only to have the waiter return a few minutes later advising that the last of that just went out... Frustrating, but it happens. But what these sellers seem to have done in many cases is just tell you it's OK to leave, you're not getting your food.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hmm, look at the reply I got from the same bookstore as Carol:

Very glad you emailed us.

Items are entered into our inventory by scanning the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) barcode on the back cover. Occasionally, publishers make mistakes and the ISBN on the back of the book is not correct. That's what happened here.

The book you inquired about ("Isshinryu Kusanku Kata Secrets Revealed") is what came up when the volume was scanned in a while ago but that is not the title of the physical book we had on the shelf. This should have been caught by the person doing inventory entry but it was not and for that we apologize greatly. The simple truth is that we never had that title on the shelf and didn't know it.

I have removed this item from our inventory and online listings.

We try never to mislead a customer, certainly not intentionally and hopefully not unintentionally.

Thank you for your understanding and we're sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you.

Sincerely,

Fred Smith

Hall Street Books
248 Flushing Avenue
New York, NY

So, book was re-listed incorrectedly again. No wonder it is hard to find.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, thanks, Carol and everyone! I must admit, I never for one minute thought of that as an explanation! Who would have thought it could be so simple! And yet, it was so maddeningly frustrating!

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

Latest Discussions