The Last Person.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know, that's a funny subjuect. I see the same moves in the sparring rings irregardless of styles performing it. I don't hink what you try and incorporate will matter. In the ring, you'll move the same. A subconscious mind takes over and controls the movements, which are preprogrammed, for the most part. That's why everyone looks the same when playing tag.

Yes, I totally agree on that point. In my case, why would I do anything different until they figure out how to stop what I'm already doing. I do want to learn more leg checking and sweeping. I know it, but I don't use it, eventhough I see myself in position to do so all the time ... just doesn't come out, but it will eventually.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now, I bet, if it was for real, you would do those things without thinking about it.

I'd hope so, one of the issues with point, or no contact sparring, you just never really know until it happens. I'd like to think that when I'm not worried about injuring someone, it will come out.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
It will! That's part of the programming thing. Those things are practiced during real self defense techniques and are stored in that part of your mind, coming out when that stimuli is present. The sparring stimuli brings out the other stuff. Conscious effort can be used here but usually in the opening moments of a clash. Once it's going, what is comfortable is resorted to. At least that's what I've seemed to find.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We'll challenge each other :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not bad at all. Hanging out and watching the sun come up, enjoying the peace and quiet :D :D How about you? Did you have a good weekend?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm at work. My shift is almost over (another hour to go). My weekend went by too fast. But, it was ok.

I hear ya. I spent the weekend doing some stupid tests for work. I could have done them when I was at work, mind you, but I was lazy and I procrastinated (read: posting on MT) instead. :lol:

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
It's ok. You're allowed.
icon14.gif
As long as it gets done, that's all that matters.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's ok. You're allowed.
icon14.gif
As long as it gets done, that's all that matters.

Yup, that's how my boss sees it too. :)

I'm going to drop off and get some sleep. Catch you tomorrow night Mr. Sword! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.