Status
Not open for further replies.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
True! After you finally get it--no time left to do anything with it, and sadness when you can't do what you used to do, and would give anything just for a moment of it.

I watched The Breakfast Club this weekend. Aly Sheedy's character said it best. As you get older, your heart dies. You become just like everyone else.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
icon14.gif

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Question, basically knowing the system I come from and seeing that, does it look much different than other kempo systems, or pretty much the same. Talking contact, aggressiveness, that sort of thing.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What was their argument?

Nothing horrible, things like, no contact sparring sux. There is contact, at leat when I spar, controlled contact. Point sparring sux. I haven't seen anything else at a tournament, unless it's full contact in a ring.

I just wondered cause I've gone to websites of braggers and haven't seen anything that different. They say the techniques are all done off a right lunge punch, I agree, they are. I go to thier vids, same thing, right punch and hold ... LOL ... I just don't get what their argument is to be honest.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Exactly. They are a bunch of "posers". They all play the ultimate full contact fighter roles on screens. In their dojos-the same stuff as everyone else. Only MMA/boxing/Muay Thai/Kickboxing go at it full.

So anyway, just wondered what you thought of the old fat guy with a bad lower back sparring ... LOL

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hopefully it will get better. I'm working with a new instructor and integrating various, complementary arts. Just not sure how long the old body will hold up ... LOL

Thanks for your input, its appreciated.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know, that's a funny subjuect. I see the same moves in the sparring rings irregardless of styles performing it. I don't hink what you try and incorporate will matter. In the ring, you'll move the same. A subconscious mind takes over and controls the movements, which are preprogrammed, for the most part. That's why everyone looks the same when playing tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions