The Last Person Thread - 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
New numbers! 370 to the tires and 10.5 lbs boost.

That's really good, for a Mustang. ;) Are you running a blower or turbo? Single or double?

I'm shooting for 400RWHP NA from the Vette. Then I'll either strap a blower to it (turbos on the LS1 are awesome with autos, but not with an M6) or nitrous.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's really good, for a Mustang. ;) Are you running a blower or turbo? Single or double?

I'm shooting for 400RWHP NA from the Vette. Then I'll either strap a blower to it (turbos on the LS1 are awesome with autos, but not with an M6) or nitrous.
It's pretty much the max you can take a stock bottom end safely. Remember this is only a tiny lil 281 cid mil. The next step would be to go with a forged internals which I never intended to do. It's a vortech supercharger. My next project will be twin turbos I think.
400 to the tires on a vette is a lot of power. Everyone I know who went much over that ended up selling or downgrading because it made the car uncontrollable. Such is our need for speed, eh?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's pretty much the max you can take a stock bottom end safely. Remember this is only a tiny lil 281 cid mil. The next step would be to go with a forged internals which I never intended to do. It's a vortech supercharger. My next project will be twin turbos I think.

So you're running an auto? I didn't know you had a stock bottom end still. That definately limits you.

400 to the tires on a vette is a lot of power. Everyone I know who went much over that ended up selling or downgrading because it made the car uncontrollable. Such is our need for speed, eh?

True. The IRS becomes a problem at that point. At this point it's mostly stock. I've started swapping stuff, but it's early in the modfest. Rigfht now, it's got the CAGS eliminator, a Blackwing CAI, ported MAF and throttlebody and LS6 intake. I've got a set of Texas Speed & Performance longtube headers coming (hurry up!!!) and I'll get them on and do a full exhaust this winter. Then I'll start on heads/cam and probably go to a FAST intake. Properly tuned, that ought to get me to 400RWHP NA. After I play with that, then I'll decide if I want to go stroker/forced induction or not.

Honestly, the big numbers are always fun, but I'm not doing another drag car. The TA was 576RWHP, but it was also a lot heavier. And was a beast to control. I want to do this car for curves, so 400RWHP ought to be plenty. Especially in a car this light.
I'd probably be better off tweaking the suspension...

I recently saw a guy with a 1500HP C6 make a few runs. Mid-12s.... :rofl:

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm making chicken marsala for dinner. I haven't made it in awhile.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Early night adult beverage, could be a long night. :)

Or a short one................

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Home, drinking Ginger Tea, not feeling well and thinking...why the hell am I feeling sick on the weekend..... Oh SURE.....it couldn't wait for Monday...so I could have an excuse to NOT go into my office...... damn...I hate when this happens :disgust:

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Home, drinking Ginger Tea, not feeling well and thinking...why the hell am I feeling sick on the weekend..... Oh SURE.....it couldn't wait for Monday...so I could have an excuse to NOT go into my office...... damn...I hate when this happens :disgust:
Yes, this is unacceptable. I expect better planning in future illnesses. You're old enough to know better. Now, just feel better and don't let it happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions