The graphic results of knife fighting

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fedco said:
This inmate was lucky, this was more or less a "warning." Probably a Bic razor blade melted into the end of a toothbrush, fairly common.

Seems likely. The long cuts on the back and lack of stabs indicates a weapon unsuitable for stabbing and that grappling was involved.

OP
Bigshadow

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had posted that it was a LEO based on the letter itself. As with anything on the internet, everything is not always as it seems. As far as more photos, I must say for *me*, I have seen enough. :(

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fedco said:
More of these pics,but cann't post!
Fedco, PM me on this - email the pics to me and I may be able to post them if they are not too much more gruesome than already shown.

G

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
Until I learn something else that makes more sense, I am content to be realistic and recognize my own inadequacy.

i've had the same thoughts/experience with the kenpo knife disarms. i think the ones against an overhead attack might work, but nobody does that outside of horror movies.

krav maga (though very faddish these days) has some good responses to knife attacks. simple, brutal, easy to remember. you might want to check that out, or one of the similar arts like haganah or f.i.g.h.t.

of course, realistically, all i ever needed to know about knife defense i learned from my track coach.

aplonis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
As an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny prelude to such as this I had a look at the inside of my own left hand a few months ago after having layed it open accidentally with a box cutter. All healed up now, thanks. But something to reflect upon should I ever face the knife out on the street.

I'd never willingly stick around for a knife fight. But if ever there is to be a knife fight in my vicinity I hope to be carrying my Canemasters cane. We practice with various toy daggars and such at our TKD school. And I am confident that no one armed only with a knife stands any chance against the cane.

Even so, if they'd permit me to retreat, I'd take them up on the offer. Guys what carry knives often have friends that do the same.

Gan Uesli Starling
http://wmtkd.us
Kalamazoo Chapter
Western Michigan Tae Kwon Do

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Always avoid a knife fight! That said, don't underestimate the knife weilder or knife because you have a cane. They can make a mistake, get whacked, and try again. If you make a mistake--Your dead!
It's an easier and faster weapon to handle than a cane, and a lot more accurate.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ric Flair said:
pretty messed up. Any Kali artist on here want to comment??????

Read my comments back in the thread. Except my art would be Modern Arnis for the discussion of my blade work.

Latest Discussions