The future of the TKD section

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob,
My apologies to you and the staff. I posted from earlier posts before getting to the end. Not an excuse just an explanation.

Thanks

Rich -- I, for one, appreciated your post. It's a great guide on how to handle some of these sorts of issues, and actually address problems WITHOUT creating disruptions or breaking the rules. Thanks!

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am getting concerned about the moderator burn out I am hearing and it is human nature to become what you see or work with everyday? Instead of locking a thread or even eliminating people when it degrades to a personal vendeta lets have an new section you can move the thread to like a cage fight in MMA. let them go at no holds barred like Jerry Springer I do not watch every day but if I have a really bad day I can watch at come away with boy I am not that bad or by lot is not so bad it could be a good release to let these people vent you can relegate them to the nether worlds but lets have graphics like XBox 360 mortal combat people could vote win loose ect by puchinng a button and charge to vote just like texting on all the news shows that want a text to vote yes or no it costs plus i would be willing to pony up another $25 a year in addition to access this section.

I want to add that I would like to see main stream TKD reporting from the organization on here but the reason they as a rule do not is they do not want to suffer the slings and arrows from people who want say negative things back because they are upset with them or have agendas

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am getting concerned about the moderator burn out I am hearing and it is human nature to become what you see or work with everyday? Instead of locking a thread or even eliminating people when it degrades to a personal vendeta lets have an new section you can move the thread to like a cage fight in MMA. let them go at no holds barred like Jerry Springer I do not watch every day but if I have a really bad day I can watch at come away with boy I am not that bad or by lot is not so bad it could be a good release to let these people vent you can relegate them to the nether worlds but lets have graphics like XBox 360 mortal combat people could vote win loose ect by puchinng a button and charge to vote just like texting on all the news shows that want a text to vote yes or no it costs plus i would be willing to pony up another $25 a year in addition to access this section.

I want to add that I would like to see main stream TKD reporting from the organization on here but the reason they as a rule do not is they do not want to suffer the slings and arrows from people who want say negative things back because they are upset with them or have agendas

Dan, (* If I may *)

Have you read this thread ?

Please search for posts by Shesalsa. You will find that she has asked for these discussion to move to "The Great Debate" section/forum. This is were you have those types of discussions. That way those who want to ask questions about an art are not afraid to ask for fear of getting yelled at or ganged up on. That way responsible posts can occur and people can have discussions and move forward without the drama.

Links to the rules and links to threads created in the great debate are also in this thread.

Thanks

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dan, (* If I may *)

Have you read this thread ?

Please search for posts by Shesalsa. You will find that she has asked for these discussion to move to "The Great Debate" section/forum. This is were you have those types of discussions. That way those who want to ask questions about an art are not afraid to ask for fear of getting yelled at or ganged up on. That way responsible posts can occur and people can have discussions and move forward without the drama.

Links to the rules and links to threads created in the great debate are also in this thread.

Thanks
thank you i had not heard of the section before that does not mean it wasn't there I be have been to forgetful to remember but I tried the link supplied and it did not work but looked for it on new posts certianly things calmed down alot on section. I think some constructive issues came out however name calling and bad language by moderators while amusing confirms to me why NO GGM'S, SGM'S SM'S do not post on here and still I would like to come here for all WTF KKW USTC, UAA, ITF AND MANY OTHER GOOD ORGS public anouncments but I am being unrealistic.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan, we've tried saying 'please' and 'play nice' so many times we'd be quite wealthy if we had a nickel for each time.

The GM's are most certainly welcome, but they have to leave the egos and demands that we katow to their ranks at the door. A lot, can't do that, or have demanded special treatment in the past. I have at least 1 kenpo GM who wanted to be paid to sign up. So, it's a challenge.