The Degradation of Government Agencies

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nah but i talk to them almost daily, so i have a pretty good idea about the day they have had, what they have seen( some pretty nasty stuff) and had to put up with from people it can get ugly and it can get rough but my male relatives would never hold down and strip a woman unless her harming herself was immanent and then they would do the best they could to relax the situation BEFORE it came to that point.

Of what they have seen, I have no doubt. I think your use of the word never is interesting. How do you know? How do they know unless presented with this type of particular situation? And how do you know that the deputies didn't try to "relax the situation before it came to that point?"

The point I'm trying to make is that you are making an absolute statement, without

1. Your relatives being in that situation
2. Not knowing what the deputies' side of the story is.

BranidJo said:
As for defending it, anyone who has said anything along the lines of this is what happens after 9/11 is in some way defending it. You all are saying because some people few some plains into a building it is ok for our LEO to do this because we dont know the whole story. What is there to know the video, i think tells it all pretty clear.

When people in this thread are saying that this is what happens after 9/11, they are saying that local law enforcement has gotten worse since that time. Not that this should be allowed to happen since this time. And they are saying that many in this country have come to accept this due to 9/11. They are not trying to justify it because of 9/11.

And unfortunately, the video doesn't say it all. I wish I still had an example of how segmented and cut video, potentially all of the available video, doesn't say it all.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not see any reason why this woman should have been treated the way she was. IF they felt she was likely to harm herself they should have allowed her proper medical attention AND proper supervision while she remained clothed. I do not care how combatant she was or "dangerous" she was 2 men and 4 women should not have held her down and undressed her, that should be a female only task, (or male only if the victim here was male) Also having a chipped tooth and bludding disk are two very painful injuries one that should be treated as soon as possible, yet she was denied care for 7 hours... why? unless the officers involved where hiding something or getting a kick out of it some how. It makes me sick to think that in our country we would allow such a crime to take place and have so many defend it.

I have nothing against police officers, or jail house guards i have family who work in both fields and neither of them would ever come close to doing the things described in this artical or in the video.
Based on my experience... if you make a suicidal statement at booking, several things will happen. You will be placed into a special cell, with frequent to constant monitoring. You will have your clothing confiscated, and may be provided with either a blanket or a jail jumpsuit depending on the exact circumstances. This is for a simple reason; the jail staff will do all they can to ensure that you have nothing to hurt yourself with. You'll be examined by the jail's mental health professional at the earliest opportunity -- which might be the next morning. Even a non-suicidal prisoner at the facilities where I've locked people up has their shoelaces, belts, jewelry, and even bras in some cases, taken away. They're only allowed certain articles of clothing.

You have to understand that when someone is in custody, their safety is the responsibility of the officers or deputies. They are not free, by definition. They are not in control of the situation, by definition. Things happen that are far removed from the normal course of events because of this situation.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now if we were talking about THIS event.

Deputy dumps man out of wheelchair

Id have to be against the deputy. There is no reason for this.

But again, 9/11 has nothing to do with it.
I agree. That incident is shameful. And that it apparently wasn't reported by any of the other deputies is even more shameful.

I can't see why there wasn't thorough documentation of what happened; at the jails where I deliver prisoners, any injury to a prisoner is thoroughly documented.

Latest Discussions