The British want their guns back...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A recent poll showed that the majority of British citizens would like to have their God given right to defend themselves returned...by getting their right to own guns restored...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/05/84_of_brits_in_online_poll_want_ban_on_handguns_lifted.html

In a poll asking readers what laws they would like to see introduced or changed, an overwhelming number of voters chose "repeal the ban on hand guns and re-open shooting clubs."

"After all, why should only criminals be 'allowed' to possess guns and shoot unarmed, defenceless citizens and police officers?" reader Colliemum wrote.
The Blaze provides a screen shot of the results:
1-3.jpg

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Give it time Arnisador...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4385768.stm

I do believe that Mohammed is the most popular name in Britain as well...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1324194/Mohammed-popular-baby-boys-ahead-Jack-Harry.html

The official list, which covers all births in 2009 in England and Wales, has *Mohammed at number 16 but this does not include the many different spellings, which are all ranked separately.

When they are added in, Mohammed zooms all the way up to top spot for the first time.
In order of popularity, the variant *spellings used during the year were: Muhammad, Mohammad, Muhammed, Mohamed, Mohamad, Muhamed, Mohammod, Mahamed, Muhamad, Mahammed and Mohmmed.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Give it time Arnisador...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4385768.stm

I do believe that Mohammed is the most popular name in Britain as well...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1324194/Mohammed-popular-baby-boys-ahead-Jack-Harry.html

[/COLOR][/LEFT]
Now let's see if my powers of deduction are correct. There is a rapid growth in the number of Muslims in Europe. The most popular name in Britain is Mohammed. Therefore the British overwhelming, with perhaps a little help from US voters, want handguns to defend themselves. Wow!
:hmm:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now let's see if my powers of deduction are correct. There is a rapid growth in the number of Muslims in Europe. The most popular name in Britain is Mohammed. Therefore the British overwhelming, with perhaps a little help from US voters, want handguns to defend themselves. Wow!
:hmm:
I think he was responding to the post about most not believing in god. He was saying in time more will, only the god will be allah

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, that would be an innacurate conclusion...Arnisador stated that the British do not believe in God, and are not religious. My post was pointing out that the British may not believe in God now...but if they are not careful, they will be believing in Allah...or else...the popular name point was to show that Britain may be eventually becoming more religious and it may not be Christianity...

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
...but if they are not careful, they will be believing in Allah...or else...the popular name point was to show that Britain may be eventually becoming more religious and it may not be Christianity...

believing in Allah is evil?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you all realize that Allah is simply the Arabic name for God, the same god of Judaism and Christianity? In fact, it is the same name used by Arabic Christians, for...drumroll please...GOD.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A serious problem with such polls is that you have really zero idea of who the sampled population is. The article even admits that it's not a scientific poll and may be contaminated by outsiders.

OK, so a large population OF RESPONDERS indicated they would like to have gun bans removed. But who are the responders? Are they mostly the segment of the readership who wants guns and therefor feels strongly enough to respond to the poll? Perhaps a much larger portion of the population simply doesn't care enough to even answer the poll. There is no way to tell if those who responded to the poll are accurately representative of the population as a whole.

I don't deny that there are probably Brits who would like to see gun bans removed. That goes without saying. But presenting this kind of a poll as difinitive proof of how the majority feels is just irresponsible reporting. And those who try to push these things as believable would do well to take a course in basic social research methods. Learn a little bit about how these things are done, and stop posting this garbage.

It's typical of the tripe that Billc likes to post and link to, and pretend it is THE ANSWER. All it does is appear to give credibility to Billc's pet political positions. It takes very little examination to recognize the problems with the data and see that it's mostly nonsense.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Actually, that would be an innacurate conclusion...Arnisador stated that the British do not believe in God, and are not religious. My post was pointing out that the British may not believe in God now...but if they are not careful, they will be believing in Allah...or else...the popular name point was to show that Britain may be eventually becoming more religious and it may not be Christianity...
Which is a sentiment I have expressed in other threads and been told there is no problem. :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

And you want to arm them. Am I following you now?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:meekly holds up hand: It will be no surprise that I am one of those who would like the gun laws rolled back to what they were when I was a lad.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
:meekly holds up hand: It will be no surprise that I am one of those who would like the gun laws rolled back to what they were when I was a lad.
You were the first person I thought of when I saw this topic

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
believing in Allah is evil?​

I don't think anyone actually said that...since Allah does work out to be "The God," in English, I worship God as well...I just won't cut off your head if you don't...:angel:

Do I want to arm them...if they want to own guns I want them to have that ability...I believe in the God given right to defend yourselve...and I am a believer in our 2nd amendment.

Is it "THE" answer, no...but it does show that British people would like to own guns for personal self-defense...

They also want the death penalty reinstated but that is another thread...

Latest Discussions