The Bible, Faith & Martial Arts

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would say there is every bit as much objective evidence to support the existence of Zues, Odin, Ra or Quetzalcoatl as there is of any other deity.

Na we have eyewitness accounts of Jesus his life, his death and his resurrection

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Na we have eyewitness accounts of Jesus his life, his death and his resurrection

No, you don't. You have a book (actually, it's a collection of short stories, and a lot of the ones intended for the anthology were left out by the editors) that makes lots of unsupported (and unsupportable) claims. Pretty much the same evidence provided by other religions.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, you don't. You have a book (actually, it's a collection of short stories, and a lot of the ones intended for the anthology were left out by the editors) that makes lots of unsupported (and unsupportable) claims. Pretty much the same evidence provided by other religions.
A book written by eyewitnesses like I said.............

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A book written by eyewitnesses like I said.............

We don't actually know that. We also do not know what the church took out of the stories allegedly written by eye witnesses, we do know it was highly edited by those who were not eye witnesses.. And we do not actually know if those that actually witnessed it wrote anything at all. Could be someone they talked to or told the stories too. Kind of like all the writings of Buddha, and I think Confucius and more than likely Lao Tzu

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We don't actually know that. We also do not know what the church took out of the stories allegedly written by eye witnesses, we do know it was highly edited by those who were not eye witnesses.. And we do not actually know if those that actually witnessed it wrote anything at all. Could be someone they talked to or told the stories too. Kind of like all the writings of Buddha, and I think Confucius and more than likely Lao Tzu

Sure we do. You choose to believe what you will. Paul says he saw what he saw and wrote what he wrote so you can believe it or not thats your choice

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sure we do. You choose to believe what you will. Paul says he saw what he saw and wrote what he wrote so you can believe it or not thats your choice

Now your talking faith and belief which is fine....but eye witnesses, to me, insinuates historic fact and since we do not know if Paul did, or did not, write anything and we do not know, if he did write it, if those who translated it kept 100% to what he wrote and we have no idea what the church may or may not have removed....it is not historic fact.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yet they differ.

They weren't contemporaries, were they? Hundreds of years separated some of the authors from the time they were 'witnessing.' Myths and fables are subject to evolution as they are passed down through the years. Each "eyewitness" putting their own flourish on the story. Not only that, there were translation errors as the stories moved from one language to the next as well as copy errors when publishing new books.

I'll bet the first to make up such fantastic stories of magic and witchcraft never considered that down the road that they would be taken seriously and lead to so much death and destruction.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now your talking faith and belief which is fine....but eye witnesses, to me, insinuates historic fact and since we do not know if Paul did, or did not, write anything and we do not know, if he did write it, if those who translated it kept 100% to what he wrote and we have no idea what the church may or may not have removed....it is not historic fact.

We dont know if Cesar was real either but we believe eyewitness accounts. I have no reason not to believe the eyewitnesses that were around not just Christians but other religions as well Speak of Jesus

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They weren't contemporaries, were they? Hundreds of years separated some of the authors from the time they were 'witnessing.' Myths and fables are subject to evolution as they are passed down through the years. Each "eyewitness" putting their own flourish on the story. Not only that, there were translation errors as the stories moved from one language to the next as well as copy errors when publishing new books.

I'll bet the first to make up such fantastic stories of magic and witchcraft never considered that down the road that they would be taken seriously and lead to so much death and destruction.
LOL except the first people to write of Jesus did so while he was still alive and just after his death not 100s of years later. But i see the viciousness in your posts so your minds made up. Sad

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
LOL except the first people to write of Jesus did so while he was still alive and just after his death not 100s of years later. But i see the viciousness in your posts so your minds made up. Sad

I don't see viciousness there and again we do not know if they wrote anything while they were alive little alone while Jesus lived. And what was written has been translated and edited (bigtime by the church) over the centuries.... it is highly unlikely what we read today 100% accurate as compared to what truly happened. Not saying if any of it is true or false but what we read today is highly likely not the same as what actually happened. Basically I do not think it would stand up on court as proof of anything other than someone wrote it

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't see viciousness

Calling Christianity myths fables, magic and witchcraft leading to death and destruction lol OK

there and again we do not know if they wrote anything while they were alive little alone while Jesus lived. And what was written has been translated and edited (bigtime by the church) over the centuries.... it is highly unlikely what we read today 100% accurate as compared to what truly happened. Not saying if any of it is true or false but what we read today is highly likely not the same as what actually happened. Basically I do not think it would stand up on court as proof of anything other than someone wrote it
the fine details could have changed but the general story is true. If thats your debate then nothing pre photograhic evidence should be believed due to changes in translation

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We dont know if Cesar was real either but we believe eyewitness accounts. I have no reason not to believe the eyewitnesses that were around not just Christians but other religions as well Speak of Jesus

Yes we do know Cesar was real based on historical evidence and the fact we know the authors of what was written and we have corroborating evidence of the fact that Ceaser existed in addition to archeological evidence. However this point has little to do with what you are saying or trying to prove.

I do not doubt Jesus or his apostles lived nor have I ever said I did. What I am saying is that none of us have any idea who wrote the stories of the bible and those stories have been translated, likely with errors, and edited (changed - by the church) over the years. Basically the eyewitness accounts may or may not have been written by the eyewitnesses and even if they were they have been changed over the centuries

Latest Discussions