Christianity VERSUS Buddhism!!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The problem with pointing at the Christian Bible and saying "See, its all there. Its Proof!" is that there are several other religions, with equally good books, that say something different.

How come
" Before the heavens and the earth came into existence, all was a chaos, unimaginably limitless and without definite shape or form. Eon followed eon: then, lo! out of this boundless, shapeless mass something light and transparent rose up and formed the heaven. This was the Plain of High Heaven, in which materialized a deity called Ame-no-Minaka-Nushi-no-Mikoto (the Deity-of-the-August-Center-of-Heaven). Next the heavens gave birth to a deity named Takami-Musubi-no-Mikoto (the High-August-Producing-Wondrous-Deity), followed by a third called Kammi-Musubi-no-Mikoto (the Divine-Producing-Wondrous-Deity). These three divine beings are called the Three Creating Deities.

In the meantime what was heavy and opaque in the void gradually precipitated and became the earth, but it had taken an immeasurably long time before it condensed sufficiently to form solid ground. In its earliest stages, for millions and millions of years, the earth may be said to have resembled oil floating, medusa-like, upon the face of the waters. Suddenly like the sprouting up of a reed, a pair of immortals were born from its bosom. These were the Deity Umashi-Ashi-Kahibi-Hikoji-no-Mikoto (the Pleasant-Reed-Shoot-Prince-Elder-Deity) and the Deity Ame-no-Tokotachi-no-Mikoto (The Heavenly-Eternally-Standing-Deity). . .
"

and

"One day the Great Spirit collected swirls of dust from the four directions in order to create the Comanche people. These people formed from the earth had the strength of mighty storms. Unfortunately, a shape-shifting demon was also created and began to torment the people. The Great Spirit cast the demon into a bottomless pit. To seek revenge the demon took refuge in the fangs and stingers of poisonous creatures and continues to harm people every chance it gets."

and

"In the beginning were only Tepeu and Gucumatz. These two sat together and thought, and whatever they thought came into being. They thought earth, and there it was. They thought mountains, and so there were. They thought trees, and sky, and animals. Each came into being. Because none of these creatures could praise them, they formed more advanced beings of clay. Because the clay beings fell apart when wet, they made beings out of wood; however, the wooden beings caused trouble on the earth. The Gods sent a great flood to wipe out these beings, so that they could start over. With the help of Mountain Lion, Coyote, Parrot, and Crow they fashioned four new beings. These four beings performed well and are the ancestors of the Quiché."

are wrong, yet

"Genesis
1:1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 1:2Now the earth was formless and empty. Darkness was on the surface of the deep. God’s Spirit was hovering over the surface of the waters.

1:3God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
1:4God saw the light, and saw that it was good. God divided the light from the darkness.
1:5God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. There was evening and there was morning, one day.
1:6God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.”
1:7God made the expanse, and divided the waters which were under the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse, and it was so.
1:8God called the expanse sky. There was evening and there was morning, a second day.
"

Is right?

Why are Christans the only ones who can be right, while the Japanese, Comanche, Aztecs and Mayans are wrong?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Why are Christans the only ones who can be right, while the Japanese, Comanche, Aztecs and Mayans are wrong?

Cuz we beat them all at war, and History is written by the Victors, duh. Our God obviously is the correct one, because we won. If theirs was... they would have.

Im gonna shut up now, Im in that mood, and people might take me seriously.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:

i dunno.....i still find it funny that christians worship the jewish god.
the god in the old testament wouldnt give a rat's behind about non-jewish people.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Cuz we beat them all at war, and History is written by the Victors, duh. Our God obviously is the correct one, because we won. If theirs was... they would have.

Im gonna shut up now, Im in that mood, and people might take me seriously.
I think Carlin did a bit on this concept once.... ;)

I know, I know....back on the pile of kindling you heathen.
Well, at least the ladies won't be able to deny, I'm hot stuff! :D
:rofl:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
i dunno.....i still find it funny that christians worship the jewish god.
the god in the old testament wouldnt give a rat's behind about non-jewish people.

Thats coming from a misunderstanding of the old testament...but thats a whole different discussion.

7sm

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Thanks, George.
I like Carlin. Since I've joined him in praying to Joe, I've seen more of my prayers answered. It might simply be that while God is busy trying to help all these sports teams, helping Mary with her lame boyfriend, Jack get home from his latest 1 nighter undetected by the wife, and trying to decide which of the million "please let me win the lottery" requests he gets every hour, Joe is in relatively low demand and can give more personalized service.

Joe Bless you all.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
I know these guys... God could appear in the sky and smite 90% of the population, and they would still have an excuse why that isnt "scientifically confirmable" anyhow... so... yeah. MMM. Science.

Y'know, I was thinking just the same thing about why Biblical fundamentalists give excuses about the evidence for evolutionary theory. Personally, I missed the 19th century "the Devil created fossils to trick you!" arguments. Diabolical mimicry, it's called.

Heh. Funny, that. :rolleyes:

Laterz.