Testing

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Today, 6 of my fellow students tested for various ranks of black belt - 1 for I Dan, 3 for II Dan, 1 for III Dan, and 1 for IV Dan. I didn't get to watch as much of the testing as I would have liked, because I was running the testing floor for our GM, who was the testing instructor for the student testing for IV Dan, and a VI Dan, who was the testing instructor for the other 5 testing candidates.

What I did get to see, however, was absolutely incredible! The level of technical detail was so high it was commented on favorably by GM Lang, the applications of technique in step sparring and free sparring was amazing, and it was all really fun to watch. I was even complimented on how well the testing ran - which is really nice, because I was nearly as nervous about screwing up as the students who were testing.

I would post pictures, but I don't have any; one of my students ran my video camera for me, but couldn't find anyone who could use my digital still camera - and I found out a little too late that JVC cameras and Dell computers don't really get along well; I'm going to try to take my video camera to work and download it on a Mac, but it could be a while before I can get it done.

Overall, it was just a wonderful day!

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Great to hear. Congrats to all the new Dan ranks you have now.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm going to try to take my video camera to work and download it on a Mac, but it could be a while before I can get it done.

That's great news! About the successful test and about possibly being able to view some footage of it!

Congratulations to all involved!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very well done by avery talented Instructor, kacey you should be proud of all your students.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Today, 6 of my fellow students tested for various ranks of black belt - 1 for I Dan, 3 for II Dan, 1 for III Dan, and 1 for IV Dan. I didn't get to watch as much of the testing as I would have liked, because I was running the testing floor for our GM, who was the testing instructor for the student testing for IV Dan, and a VI Dan, who was the testing instructor for the other 5 testing candidates.

What I did get to see, however, was absolutely incredible! The level of technical detail was so high it was commented on favorably by GM Lang, the applications of technique in step sparring and free sparring was amazing, and it was all really fun to watch. I was even complimented on how well the testing ran - which is really nice, because I was nearly as nervous about screwing up as the students who were testing.

I would post pictures, but I don't have any; one of my students ran my video camera for me, but couldn't find anyone who could use my digital still camera - and I found out a little too late that JVC cameras and Dell computers don't really get along well; I'm going to try to take my video camera to work and download it on a Mac, but it could be a while before I can get it done.

You must be proud to belong to a top notch org. Congrats to everyone involved.

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very well done by avery talented Instructor, kacey you should be proud of all your students.

Would that they were my students - but they are other students of my sahbum, Mr. Doug Arnold (DArnold here on MT). Nonetheless, I thank you on his behalf. :asian:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Would that they were my students - but they are other students of my sahbum, Mr. Doug Arnold (DArnold here on MT). Nonetheless, I thank you on his behalf. :asian:

Well tell Mr. Arnold congrats and like I said before you are lucky to have found a great org.

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well tell Mr. Arnold congrats and like I said before you are lucky to have found a great org.

Thank you kindly, sir. I found a great instructor - the rest followed!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Oh, my!

Yes! Congratulations to Mr. Doug Arnold! And to you, Maam!

:asian:

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratz to all those involved!

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Congrats to all who tested, and to you Kacey! We'll all look forward to pics when you can.

Latest Discussions