Pre-test for 3rd Dan this weekend

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Iceman,

I am happy for you on this occasion!

I have already seen you in action, so I know that you will far surpass all that is expected of you.

Imagine it already done - - you have passed - - congratulations!

I look forward to the March Test in Florida. If all goes well, I hope to be there to see you perform. Perhaps I will be involved in the testing procedure in some way.

CM D.J. Eisenhart

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Iceman,

I would love to see you in action. I look forward to the video being posted. As far as the test, you'll do fine. I don't know you personally, but we chat a lot on here, and I know you got the test in the bag ;)

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I appreciate all of wonderful I've received here regarding my pre-test video. We had a great time this weekend! We spend about four hours taping poomsae, sparring & breaking. Even though I have 24 years of Taekwondo training, I've only been in this organization for a year. So, it was a great help to me to be at a sister school who could critique me effectively on what our instructor is looking for in poomsae etc.

One of the best learning was regarding breaking. My breaking experience has always included flashy kicks or other techniques, & always with wood (never concrete). I would imagine my first instructor was worried I'd get hurt (given my cerebral palsy). My second instructor was most likely worried I'd discover he used baked concrete to break.

Since heavy breaks are very important to GM Sell, it needs to be part of my testing too. I had never tried to break concrete until 2 months ago for a demo. I broke 3 fence cap blocks (w/ spacers) for that demo. The instructor at the school where I tapped encouraged me to do 5. When I didn't break them all the 1st time, he suggested I try a smaller number. I said, "no, it's a learning experience. I'll keep doing it until I figure it out." A few tries later (getting me in the right body position) all 5 came crumbling down. The folks watching went crazy. My reaction? An ice cold stare that said, "I do this all the time" & a simple bow to the camera. (Was there a tremendous sense of accomplishment & huge ego boost? You betcha:ultracool ).

I plan to do at least 6 at my test in March. Last Fearner will be there, so he wil keep me accountable.

Thanks again for your support!

Tom
aka IcemanSK

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tom, that's brilliant! I've been wondering how it went... figured it had to be good, but one always likes confirmation. You sound confident about the upcoming in-person test, and you have every right to!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Excellent news! Glad it went well and I am certain the actual test will go just as well!

Miles

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't like to hear that I cannot accomplish x or y because of my disabilities, I figure a way around them. You my friend are inspirational to me. Afterall, disabilities are not just skeletal.

That is awesome news.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Tom,

Glad to hear that all went well this past weekend...

Keep your goal in site... and the "live" test will be a walk in the park!

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Iceman, being a 15 yr. 1st dan myself, I know you are excited about your upcoming test. You are an inspiration and I know you will do well. I will send positive thoughts your way and please let us know how it goes. Good luck and all my best.