Temporarily locking the Politics area shortly...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What if the trees are actually Ents?

Then Xue and I will really have some fun!
icon14.gif

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When we do come back from hiatus, access to this area will by a special group.

You'll be able to Opt-In though the "Group Memberships" section of the UserCP. (It's not there yet)

There will be a sticky note in the main Study telling how to access this section.

You'll be able to freely join in, or leave at will.

This way, you can control your access, and should you decide you don't want to see the political section, you can "resign" without having to leave the rest of the site.
This will also keep the political debates from over powering other sections of the site when non-interested members hit "View New".

The existing "Study Rules" will contine to apply, so if you rack up infractions, you'll be shut out. We've done alot more warning and given more leeway than intended due to the passions of this election, but in the future we will be insisting that people keep those pasions in check and stick to facts and arguing the message, not attacking the messengers. So that we're clear on things, we fully expect our members to use the "Report" feature
report.gif
to let us know when things are getting hot. That goes for any member, or staff member who is crossing the lines of polite debate, including myself...if I go too far, I fully expect to be called on it.

We'll probably broaden the scope a bit to cover the range of US Politics, not just the elections.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
When we do come back from hiatus, access to this area will by a special group....
This will also keep the political debates from over powering other sections of the site when non-interested members hit "View New".
Thank you!!!

Politics: It's Not Just For The Martial Arts Any More!
:rofl: That was worth a belly laugh. :D

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Minor idea change. I'm setting up a new area, and will move this under it as an archive of the 2008 election discussions. This will be made a read-only archive.

New discussions will take place in the parent US Politics section. This will help us to organize things a bit better for future reference needs.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's good to know that the Governing Body is taking things in hand ... why does that sound so lewd :lol:?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Note: Locking this section Saturday evening. It will disappear for a short while while I do some house cleaning.

I may reopen sooner, if I get everything I need to done.

I think you're going to like the reworking. :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Archiving this but leaving it readable sounds good. People can start new threads elsewhere if they wish!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pretty much the idea.

I'm setting up a US Political Discussion and Debate area, going to pull some stuff out of here for there, and pulling together resources on things like US Law and Policy, etc.

Latest Discussions