Taoist Institute-Sifu Carl Totten-Los Angeles

Tamingthetiger47

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone in Los Angeles know about the Taoist Institute and Sifu Carl Totten and whether or not he is still teaching? The website listed on google and yelp doesn’t work when you click it, and when I drove by the address the other day I saw that the inside was emptied out and the sign gone, looking like it was permanently closed.

I really want to know if he is still teaching since I have heard great things about him.

kfman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Anyone in Los Angeles know about the Taoist Institute and Sifu Carl Totten and whether or not he is still teaching? The website listed on google and yelp doesn’t work when you click it, and when I drove by the address the other day I saw that the inside was emptied out and the sign gone, looking like it was permanently closed.

I read that he doesn't teach anymore due to health issues. I could be wrong. If you are looking to learn the Five Family Style, I am certified to teach with 44 years of experience. I teach privately and online. I visited his school once. He claimed to know over 600 forms. Hard to believe. His main style is Kenpo. BTW, Totten altered forms. The first Five Family form is the Salute. He made it a snake form which has no application for technique. I saw his class doing that.

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score

I really want to know if he is still teaching since I have heard great things about him.

its best to do a full Google search...at times there are many sites

Latest Discussions