Tai jutsu and ju jutsu

Eric Daniel

Green Belt
Reaction score
I read in an article somewhere on the web that taijutsu and ju-jutsu were historicly arts studied by the deadly assissins the "ninja's" and the samurai. If these arts used to work on the battlefield when they used them why can't they work on the streets today? Some people have told me that these nor any other Martial arts are street effective on the streets today. However, I think that they could because I have seen a "real" fight in the street And I saw one guy do something that they do in jujutsu. I never found out if the guy knew jujutsu or any art but I think if done right the techniques of these and other martial arts can be street effective.

I would like to hear other guys ideas on "street effective" martial arts and some things about jujutsu and taijutsu.
sincerely, Eric Daniel

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Eric Daniel said:
I read in an article somewhere on the web that taijutsu and ju-jutsu were historicly arts studied by the deadly assissins the "ninja's" and the samurai.

There is a FAQ available on this webpage, I suggest you read it.

Eric Daniel said:
If these arts used to work on the battlefield when they used them why can't they work on the streets today?

Are you suggesting that you yourself or someone close to you has tried to make it work and failed miserably? If so, what style of taijutsu/jujutsu and how long had you or whomever it was been training?

Eric Daniel said:
Some people have told me that these nor any other Martial arts are street effective on the streets today.

Brainwashing is dangerous stuff.

Eric Daniel said:
However, I think that they could because I have seen a "real" fight in the street And I saw one guy do something that they do in jujutsu. I never found out if the guy knew jujutsu or any art but I think if done right the techniques of these and other martial arts can be street effective.

Now imagine a member of a neolithic Japanese tribe doing pretty much the same thing and then have his descendants elaborating on it over thousands of years.

Fallen Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think Nagato said it best. Something to the effect of... "what now you think people have learned how to fight?"

In a sense... why are things so different then as they are now? People know how to fight now?

People are people and what worked then can still work now. We train in traditional weapons and fighting not to be traditional but to learn the principles of what worked then to apply it to today.

One thing my teacher always tells me is not to fight the weapon, cause those change. Learn how weapons work and function and you can manipulate your attacker's movement.

:ninja:
FN

Latest Discussions