Ninja Gi help

fatninja

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey all , I want to buy a black Gi for class, I don't know about those Ninja uniforms they sell at martial arts stores, I don't know how "authentic or tradition they are, but they seem a little hokey to me, maybe you guys can chime in on that one?
What's the best place to go for a black ju jutsu Gi? I'm 5' 10" 242 lbs

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask your instructor what style uniform they prefer or recommend. You may need a heavier uniform that'll stand up to the pulling and throws rather than a "standard" karate-style gyi, for example, and they may be able to point you to a good brand for their classes. They may even make periodic "class purchases" at wholesale prices. (I did this for a while for my class.) Otherwise... there are a number of places to buy a uniform on-line, and you can generally order them in white, black, and even a number of other options -- not that I think you're particularly interested in tye-dye or hot pink... :D

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have an awesome black gi for bjj. But it is fight world clothing. Which is not going to help you any.

Otherwise there are some good black gis out there or killer bee gis do a custom.

Latest Discussions