Taekwondo Doesn't work on someone skilled

Ruhaani

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What possesses them? I hope you aren't going to tell me that it's devils or demons.
Dont worry no ones forcing you to understand lol

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont worry no ones forcing you to understand lol

Do not patronise. This is a site for discussion, hopefully friendly, but if you are going to post up stuff about the so called supernatural, you need to explain yourself. It's not my job to 'understand' what you write, it's your job to explain. I think you have severely underestimated the accumulated knowledge of the people on here, you can't post nonsense like martial artists being 'possessed' then make a silly remark when challenged.

Ruhaani

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Do not patronise. This is a site for discussion, hopefully friendly, but if you are going to post up stuff about the so called supernatural, you need to explain yourself. It's not my job to 'understand' what you write, it's your job to explain. I think you have severely underestimated the accumulated knowledge of the people on here, you can't post nonsense like martial artists being 'possessed' then make a silly remark when challenged.
You clearly dont want to understand read your comment carefully then realise how you come across you might get a better view and yes I do think its demonic..some not all.

Star Dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The spear on the throat is not one of them.

Why not? It's pretty impressive. Sorta hard to explain based on conventional knowledge. Or can you?

And you have a source on this?

There is plenty of evidence if you open your eyes. I will get back to you on this shortly.

Star Dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen some benefit to internal/chi study in Hapkido, but I think something like this is what's really at work with it. Not some mystical power, but rather that breathing and moving in a certain way allows you to alter/stimulate blood flow or adrenaline or some other normally autonomic function of the body. I tend to be very suspicious of any supposed "magic power" or "miracle technique" for anything.

Altered body functions are involved but they are just a part of the full picture. The tangible portion of a process that involves forces still intangible. Science can observe and measure not more than some of their effects. The show Fight Science is a step in the right direction, at least. Like Ruhaani has said, a human being has layers which elude conventional scientific comprehension.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You clearly dont want to understand read your comment carefully then realise how you come across you might get a better view and yes I do think its demonic..some not all.

Mmm, so you post things up expecting people to take at face value what you state mostly I imagine because you can't explain what you are talking about. I am sceptical about your claims, why wouldn't I be? I've been in martial arts a very long time and alive for even longer so rather than post up patronising comments, the one to me was the second time you'd written that, I expect it sounded better in your head than in actual words, why don't you actually explain what you mean and stop assuming that what you are talking about is the only real thing? Cite your sources for your statements.

Ruhaani

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Nevermind your right. I'll talk to someone whos more calmer

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nevermind your right. I'll talk to someone whos more calmer

Really? Trust me I am very calm, I'm actually laughing not upset as I find your post to be somewhat ridiculous. I assume then as others will that you have no basis in fact for your assertions that 'evil spirits' or ghoulies and demons take over a martial artist's body. Stop hiding behind faux indignation and cite your sources. You could also cite your sources for saying that there's things in our bodies that you find unable to describe but also think supernatural.

Ruhaani

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Really? Trust me I am very calm, I'm actually laughing not upset as I find your post to be somewhat ridiculous. I assume then as others will that you have no basis in fact for your assertions that 'evil spirits' or ghoulies and demons take over a martial artist's body. Stop hiding behind faux indignation and cite your sources. You could also cite your sources for saying that there's things in our bodies that you find unable to describe but also think supernatural.
Oh your not angry it sounded like I hit a nerve like 'not this BS' kind of nerve I find they way you come across very disrespectful for other peoles views I do have alot of sources but I dont like your attitude..first of all going back to the human 'being' we have layers that extend outwards but where not the only beings that have these layers on different planes of existence on our earth and planets there are many many kinda of beings that I dont wana go into thats why I was saying to you dont worry no ones here to force you in believeing these things most religions will understand but thats a different story

As for taekwondo I still think its very useful if the practitioner is skillful in controlling his subtle points all martial arts are amazing in there own right

Learn to keep your manners and repect others view points..even if you got proof you still wouldnt understand my master always said before knowledge comes manners..and we shouldn't be proud and say we live in the west so our knowledge is sound and eastern knowledge is mumbo jumbo dont do that just stay calm and learn from everyone regardless of your age you could still be a 2year old under developed spiritually.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Made me think of this!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh your not angry it sounded like I hit a nerve like 'not this BS' kind of nerve I find they way you come across very disrespectful for other peoles views I do have alot of sources but I dont like your attitude..first of all going back to the human 'being' we have layers that extend outwards but where not the only beings that have these layers on different planes of existence on our earth and planets there are many many kinda of beings that I dont wana go into thats why I was saying to you dont worry no ones here to force you in believeing these things most religions will understand but thats a different story

As for taekwondo I still think its very useful if the practitioner is skillful in controlling his subtle points all martial arts are amazing in there own right

Learn to keep your manners and repect others view points..even if you got proof you still wouldnt understand my master always said before knowledge comes manners..and we shouldn't be proud and say we live in the west so our knowledge is sound and eastern knowledge is mumbo jumbo dont do that just stay calm and learn from everyone regardless of your age you could still be a 2year old under developed spiritually.

Oh my, so now it's defensive we are.
No, the thing is, I have great respect for other people's opinions, I believe that people are entitled to their own opinions but they aren't entitled to their own 'truth', which is basically what you are saying. You post something up and tell us to believe it because you have posted it up, I'm not asking you to prove it's true by the way, I'm asking you to cite your sources.
It's very common that people who themselves don't understand a thing when asked tell others that even if it was explained to them they wouldn't understand it, you disappointed me, you have done the self same thing 'oh you wouldn't understand it anyway...'. On what do you base that on? Please stop wriggling and cite your sources so we can have a proper discussion.
'Most religions' don't understand what you are trying to say, a lot of it makes no sense, now I can give you the benefit of the doubt because I think that maybe English isn't your first language but when you say things like..."As for taekwondo I still think its very useful if the practitioner is skillful in controlling his subtle points" what are you talking about? It makes no sense.

No I'm not angry and no you didn't hit a nerve, I'm just too old and too tired to read airyfairy comments without anything to back it up and think because someone has posted them up they have to be true. You are posting to many experienced martial artists who have spent a long time investigating, exploring and training in many martial arts. I understand that you have found something new to you and find it amazing, the temptation is to shout out to the world as all new converts do, but you still have to back up your claims.
I think perhaps too your ideas about TKD are verging on style bashing, I have good friends who train vigorously in TKD and have occasion to know their TKD is very effective.
Instead of getting aeriated about being challenged, rise to it and cite your sources, simples.

RobBnTX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You know this goes back to what I have posted before. People get involved in martial arts for various reasons. Some more for the "art" in martial arts and then some more for the "martial" in martial arts and then some are in it for the sport.

However if you are looking for some magical, mystical experience, well then have fun but if you claim to get that out of your martial arts training then I too call BS on it. In fact there are a lot of BS martial arts out there but I think they are dying a slow death. I think in part due to the popularity of mixed martial arts and the UFC which has blown away a lot of the BS out of how some have marketed martial arts.

I recently attended a school that teaches Internal Martial Arts and they do practice applications but very slowly and not in real time. I asked the instructor about this and if they ever do any body conditioning or practice their strikes on bags and he stated that they do not have to do that because they rely on "internal" power and what they do is too deadly to practice in real time. Yeah I call BS on that, I think they would get their a$$ kicked royally in a real fight!

Contrast that to a neighbor I have who is big into Brazilian Jui-jitsu and Kickboxing. He is not into doing forms or anything like that and what he does is not pretty but it is damned effective!

Also I remember taking a few Wing Tzun classes a while back and there was very little formality to the class and it was a lot of pugilism, they were doing a ton of boxing, albeit Chinese boxing but what they did was for real and they would sometimes don head gear, gloves, and shin protectors. At the time I did not really appreciate how the class was run and went back to TKD but over time I have grown a healthy respect for what they do and their philosophy. It is a non-BS martial arts school.

Me, I like traditional martial arts and I tend toward the art side of it but mainly I am in it for the work out. I would not be very motivated to go to a gym on my on but TKD keeps me coming back. If I learn a little self-defense along the way so much the better but I am under no illusion that what I do is somehow magical or that my training somehow puts me on a higher spiritual level of some type or other.

Just my thoughts.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"If you cant explain it simply, you dont understand it well enough." -Albert Einstein

We'll decide whether we understand it or not, you just explain it.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:
This thread is rapidly being derailed. I'm going to strongly suggest that if you want to discuss Chi, or demons, or multi-dimensional existence of humans, you start another thread for that subject. Derailing this thread will force staff intervention.

Mark A Cochran
Dirty Dog
MartialTalk Senior Moderator

Ruhaani

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You know this goes back to what I have posted before. People get involved in martial arts for various reasons. Some more for the "art" in martial arts and then some more for the "martial" in martial arts and then some are in it for the sport.

However if you are looking for some magical, mystical experience, well then have fun but if you claim to get that out of your martial arts training then I too call BS on it. In fact there are a lot of BS martial arts out there but I think they are dying a slow death. I think in part due to the popularity of mixed martial arts and the UFC which has blown away a lot of the BS out of how some have marketed martial arts.

I recently attended a school that teaches Internal Martial Arts and they do practice applications but very slowly and not in real time. I asked the instructor about this and if they ever do any body conditioning or practice their strikes on bags and he stated that they do not have to do that because they rely on "internal" power and what they do is too deadly to practice in real time. Yeah I call BS on that, I think they would get their a$$ kicked royally in a real fight!

Contrast that to a neighbor I have who is big into Brazilian Jui-jitsu and Kickboxing. He is not into doing forms or anything like that and what he does is not pretty but it is damned effective!

Also I remember taking a few Wing Tzun classes a while back and there was very little formality to the class and it was a lot of pugilism, they were doing a ton of boxing, albeit Chinese boxing but what they did was for real and they would sometimes don head gear, gloves, and shin protectors. At the time I did not really appreciate how the class was run and went back to TKD but over time I have grown a healthy respect for what they do and their philosophy. It is a non-BS martial arts school.

Me, I like traditional martial arts and I tend toward the art side of it but mainly I am in it for the work out. I would not be very motivated to go to a gym on my on but TKD keeps me coming back. If I learn a little self-defense along the way so much the better but I am under no illusion that what I do is somehow magical or that my training somehow puts me on a higher spiritual level of some type or other.

Just my thoughts.
I agree with you totally on people training for different reasons nicely put I also with you on the whole effectiveNess on the Brazilian jujitsu dude that you mentioned and internal training done without heavy bags and all the physical equipment as bs aswel..its all about physical first then mental spiritual is way later thats all im saying..I dont sources to prove anything if your a seeker you will seek out knowledge for yourself..but like you put it perfectly everyone trains for different reasons.