Super Bowl 2007

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with you about Prince. I thought his 'shadow puppet' was hillarious. Yes, I'm sure he meant it that way too! hehe
The guy is a midget. My wife thinks its his way of looking tall. I thought the guitar thing in the screen was pretty hilarious LOL

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rex Grossman didn't allow the nearly 200 yards rushing at 4.75/yds a pop. I thought Rhodes (113 yds) was the MVP as Manning threw a pick and fumbled one away and his numbers weren't much better than Grossman's.

I agree with you about Rhodes... I voted for him....

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Rex Grossman didn't allow the nearly 200 yards rushing at 4.75/yds a pop. I thought Rhodes (113 yds) was the MVP as Manning threw a pick and fumbled one away and his numbers weren't much better than Grossman's.

Agree about the MVP...They seem to like giving them to QB's. (I didn't agree with a Brady choice a couple of years ago either and ia m a PATS fan..I mena they won on Vinatieri's foot 3 times and the guy never won an MVP..

However the Defense DID get them to the superbowl in spite of Grossman stinking..He needed to step up and he didn't.

Manning makes plays when he needed to and I don't think that you can complare offensive stat by both teams..
Manning, 25 of 38 passes for 247 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
Grossman, 20-28 passes for 165 yards 1 touchdown 2 Ints

Bottom Line: Can you see Chicogo getting back there on the BACK of Rex Grossman. I can't.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very disapointed in the Bears. Not really a big Prince fan, but I thought he did a good job. Enjoyed his performance. And he didn't whine about playing in the rain (Like Manning).

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone else caught that psudeo-sexual reference to his supposed man-hood when that sheet went up for his purple rain guitar and the huge shadow play on it? Not a wardrobe malfunction but still...

Yep — and a few seconds before THAT it looked like a barbed devil's tail :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I agree with you about Prince. I thought his 'shadow puppet' was hillarious. Yes, I'm sure he meant it that way too! hehe

While Agree that Rhodes did well. I think more respect should be given to Aidai who kept the game moving early on and made some real nice plays and yardage when the game was more in question.

As to the Defense giving up yardage they got tired as the Colts had the time of possesion in their favor. The Bear's Offense needed to stay on the field more.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think CBS should be denied showing the Super Bowl from now on due to it's horrible coverage of the game during the rain. How many of you could literally count the rain splatters on the lenses of all the cameras they used? How many times was the view of the game washed out. They should've at least taken in account with the recent tornadoes down in Florida to know that rain would've been a strong possiblity and taken measures to protect their coverage of the game.

I didn't think it made sense to use the Barbara Walters lenses for the Superbowl either.

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I watched the game and thought it was a good game. neither was my

favorite team but I was rooting for chi to win didn't happen! man fumbles

galore everytime Chi made indy fumble they turned right around and gave

it back to them the very next play.

now them commercials were prety good I liked the snickers commercial but

it got banned which I can see why

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
btw... what is a "Barbara Walter lens" ?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I watched the game and thought it was a good game. neither was my

favorite team but I was rooting for chi to win didn't happen! man fumbles

galore everytime Chi made indy fumble they turned right around and gave

it back to them the very next play.

now them commercials were prety good I liked the snickers commercial but

it got banned which I can see why

Yeah, Mars took the ad off the air. I was getting a bit worried...I mean....what were they going to do to advertise the 3 Musketeers? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Latest Discussions