Super Bowl 2007

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Everyone watching? Who you think will win? I'm thinking it will be a good game :)

If you are watching, watching for the game or for the commercials?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not watching. I don't particularly like football, if there are any good commercials, they'll be discussed on the news... I find it to be a great time to go shopping - no crowds, no lines!

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm still unsure about whether I'm going to watch for the commercials or if I'm just going to watch a movie. I do realise that it's a pretty big waste of time to watch just to see commercials, but I have no life.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Working instead. I haven't watched the Super Bowl in many, many years and not really interested that much in football in general. I'm with Kacey, good time to go out and do things because everybody else is so wrapped up in the game you have the streets, stores, or movie theater to yourself almost. I have to be installing data lines in the local hospitals' Operating Rooms. Oh joy!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well this is the first Superbowl that my kid's will ever witness. (they have never shown interest before) So we are having some great cheese, shrimp, pizza and the works. I am looking forward to hopefully a competitive game and will be rooting for the bears but my gut feeling says the colts will win.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My dad is a HUGE sports fan... he's also deaf and blind... which means that I will be interpreting the game for him... using tactile sensation of the signs and movements of the players with his hand over mine. Easier than it sounds...

Personally, I don't care for the game(s) rather PLAY football than watch it... but I'll say Chicago by 20 pts. Manning didn't impress me as much in the championship game as the Bears defense in their championship game. Manning has an ego that needs stroking so that'll cost the Colts much needed tactical maneuvers to get through the game.

But yeah, I enjoy the commercials and hope that this year's crop will be just as good as the previous years... too bad they're shown only ONCE! But at a million dollars every 30 seconds I think that's all they can afford.

Sigh! Rather be caving!

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Personally, I don't care for the game(s) rather PLAY football than watch it... but I'll say Chicago by 20 pts.

I'd take that bet! hehe...

with most sports, I'd rather be playing.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching! I think colts 20-17

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well this is the first Superbowl that my kid's will ever witness. (they have never shown interest before) So we are having some great cheese, shrimp, pizza and the works. I am looking forward to hopefully a competitive game and will be rooting for the bears but my gut feeling says the colts will win.
We're having a party with a few friends, trying out some new crockpot recipes. I think this will be a great game, #1 Offense in the AFC (Almost Football Conference :p) vs. the #1 Defense in the NFC. The Bears haven't been to the dance since '85 and I don't think the Colts have been since Johnny Unitas was playing. Bears 28-24.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not a huge football fan but c'mon...the BEARS are in it and I'm a Chicagoan so....GO BEARS! :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I lived in Chicago when Da Bears won Superbowl XX, so part of me is pulling for them. I'm also a big fan of Coach Dungy so....arrrgh....I'm wicked torn. I just hope its a good game :) :)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge football fan but c'mon...the BEARS are in it and I'm a Chicagoan so....GO BEARS! :D

Jade it was easy to figure out who you would be rooting for.
icon10.gif
icon14.gif

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At least the score was closer than the statistics. The Colts completely dominated Da Bears.

I was kind of pulling for the Colts, just because of. . .ummmm. . . .well because a significant percentage of Bears fans are very annoying. You wouldn't know it by the sampling on MartialTalk, but outside of MartialTalk. . .

Anyway, more than pulling for the Colts, I was pulling for my numbers each quarter. ;)

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good game :) I really enjoyed it. I think the Bears will be competative again over the next years, especially if Grossman matures a little bit, gets a bit more consistent.

It's nice to see the Colts finally get over the Patriots and get to the big game :) I'm happy for Dungee. I like him as a coach. Now, if my Panthers can get there next year, all will be well with the world :)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I rally thought the Bears defense would play betterm gave up to many running yards

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think CBS should be denied showing the Super Bowl from now on due to it's horrible coverage of the game during the rain. How many of you could literally count the rain splatters on the lenses of all the cameras they used? How many times was the view of the game washed out. They should've at least taken in account with the recent tornadoes down in Florida to know that rain would've been a strong possiblity and taken measures to protect their coverage of the game.

The commercials were horribly dissapointing this year. I laughed aloud only once and that was the Block Bluster commercial with the Rabbit, Gueane Pig and Mouse. The rest of them... it was like watching regular TV commercials. The snickers one wasn't funny at all, kinda gross ... who wrote THAT one up. Several of them were downright stupid. Too bad.

On the game... I was thinking during the first half that it should change the name to Turnover Bowl. Geez... Bears defense were not up to par and could've made a difference if they stayed on top of things. Manning definitely figured out how to play football I think by the second half. Stop playing the long spectacular bombs and go for the short passes to move the ball down the field. Likewise their running game improved by the second half.
Grossman... oh man I can't think of how crappy that guy must feel. Did he even get on the plane back to Chicago that evening? Two sacks (well actually he slipped in the mud and the bears fell upon him) and two intercepts. Not to mention fobbling the ball twice on the hikes. Sure it was partially the center's fault but still.
Bad game at the end for the Bears to be sure. Nice comeback for the Colts.

My step-mother who had never seen Prince watched the half time show... she asked if he was a man or a woman with a mascara moustache? That scarf he wore on his head made it confusing to be sure. At least there was no wardrobe malfunction, thank God.
Anyone else caught that psudeo-sexual reference to his supposed man-hood when that sheet went up for his purple rain guitar and the huge shadow play on it? Not a wardrobe malfunction but still...

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Grossman stinks..PERIOD...He's got to go. (Has he been good at ALL?) maybe 5 games...And he is lifeless and brings nothing to the emotional side of the game. When he loses it's like "ho hum..oh well"

Bears were not going to win with Grossman. Yes Manning does have an ego and easily becomes a cry baby (which is fun to watch him lose and is easy to root against). But be fair, he is an excellent quarterback. I juist wish the Pats could have beatem him again..That would have been fun to watch and then the Pats would have stomped all over the Bears in revenge of the smakedown they got in 85...

BTW..IMHO The ''85 Bears was the best team I have ever seen. (I'm too young for the 17-0 Dolphins).

Couple of other thoughts....
I am glad they played in an outdoor stadium and also that the weather stunk...This is FOOTBALL ladies and gentlemen...Not checkers. (I can't wait for one in the snow!)

Commercials: WHO CARES?

Prince at Halftime I thought was excellent...way better than the last 5 years...Who cares what he looked like?? I mean these are eccentric hollywood type performers. Whether you like Prince or not, there is no denying his talent. Same thing that cannot be said of all the performers today that hide behind their looks and studio-made albums.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Grossman stinks..PERIOD...He's got to go. (Has he been good at ALL?) maybe 5 games...And he is lifeless and brings nothing to the emotional side of the game. When he loses it's like "ho hum..oh well"

Bears were not going to win with Grossman. Yes Manning does have an ego and easily becomes a cry baby (which is fun to watch him lose and is easy to root against). But be fair, he is an excellent quarterback. I juist wish the Pats could have beatem him again..That would have been fun to watch and then the Pats would have stomped all over the Bears in revenge of the smakedown they got in 85...

BTW..IMHO The ''85 Bears was the best team I have ever seen. (I'm too young for the 17-0 Dolphins).

Couple of other thoughts....
I am glad they played in an outdoor stadium and also that the weather stunk...This is FOOTBALL ladies and gentlemen...Not checkers. (I can't wait for one in the snow!)

Commercials: WHO CARES?

Prince at Halftime I thought was excellent...way better than the last 5 years...Who cares what he looked like?? I mean these are eccentric hollywood type performers. Whether you like Prince or not, there is no denying his talent. Same thing that cannot be said of all the performers today that hide behind their looks and studio-made albums.

Rex Grossman didn't allow the nearly 200 yards rushing at 4.75/yds a pop. I thought Rhodes (113 yds) was the MVP as Manning threw a pick and fumbled one away and his numbers weren't much better than Grossman's.

I agree with you about Prince. I thought his 'shadow puppet' was hillarious. Yes, I'm sure he meant it that way too! hehe

Latest Discussions