Bowling: Are You THIS Good?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
12 lanes, 12 different balls, watch what happens. Pretty amazing. This guy's bowling fu is good!
[yt]XzvCcWoQGv8[/yt]
What do you think? Might be possible for you to accomplish the same thing? Provided you pay for 12 separate lanes! :lol:
But of course the guy works there... had plenty of time to practice.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He also had some friends hiding behind the lanes to knock over any pins that where a little slow in falling over.
Watching it again yeah on a couple of them. But a majority of them were legit strikes... I used to bowl quite a bit and have seen delayed pins fall but yeah one or two of them were knock-overs.
They need to work on their timing better.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I and my 101 average hang our heads in shame...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow...some of those pins fell over with seemingly no impact at all!

Must have been his chi ;)

wushu2004

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Real life bowling...105

Wii bowling...290

But yea a lot of those pins just fell over...

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kids, this is why you want to stay in school and not do drugs.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I won $500 for third place at the state bowling tournament in Michigan a few years ago in the handicap series. I had about a 165 average and bowled nearly a 600 series at the tournament. I knew I was doing well, but had no idea I would be in the running for any money. I was just 3 pins out of of second play and a $750 prize.

It started to hit me at the end of the third game that I could have a 600 series, my best ever. My last ball I threw right into the gutter!!!!!!! I call it the ball that cost me not only my 600 series, but $250!!!!!! Ouch!!! Oh well, it was still the best series I ever bowled.

I always joke how well I would do in both golf and bowling if I could just swap the scores. ;)

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-I know a guy who worked in a bowling alley and set up all the lanes with just the 10 pin just so he could practice hitting it if he didn't get a strike on the first ball. He never misses it now, basically using his own version of a house ball, no real hook to it. My average sucks, bout 135 now, but with the current league almost over, I'm willing to try any change to my throw to get more pins, think we're in 3rd place still. Hopefully. Want some of my money back;-)

Andrew

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
-I know a guy who worked in a bowling alley and set up all the lanes with just the 10 pin just so he could practice hitting it if he didn't get a strike on the first ball. He never misses it now, basically using his own version of a house ball, no real hook to it. My average sucks, bout 135 now, but with the current league almost over, I'm willing to try any change to my throw to get more pins, think we're in 3rd place still. Hopefully. Want some of my money back;-)

Andrew
Well that's the whole trick of it... practice. I can bowl a decent game (averaged about 123-159) but haven't done it in so long on a regular basis I'd be lucky to break 100 if I were to go down to the alley tonight.
Same with my caving, yesterday I did an advanced rescue maneuver for practice for the first time in a long while. I was able to accomplish it but not without... "oh, this way first then"... and "oh now I remember ..." So I need to practice that a lot more.
Same with my Martial Arts... haven't really practiced at all in a long time (money for lessons, and time and proper instruction) so if I got back into it then I'd get a lot better.
This is with everyone I think. You can't just acquire a skill and then sit on it for a long time, then pick it back up again without making mistakes.
Practice, practice, practice, practice.