Sup brahs?

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
Title

Just signed up, interested in mastering every martial art known to man. Have experience in woman's self defense (srs) but that's about it. Joining BJJ gym in 2 days, pumped for it. Any of you brahs got tips for a beginner?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brah, Bruh, Bruv, Bro. Just different dialects for brother, brah

Ah, American speak lol, sorry I'm British so it goes over my head. :D

BJJ is a good choice. Best advice, just relax and enjoy it, don't tense up, it seems confusing at first but you soon start making sense of it.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score

BJJ is a good choice. Best advice, just relax and enjoy it, don't tense up, it seems confusing at first but you soon start making sense of it.

I can speak chav and roadman as well, don't worry about it... brah

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just signed up, interested in mastering every martial art known to man.
Assuming you are serious, I admire your enthusiasm, but you need to reign it in a bit as it will lead to extreme disappointment and you will end up not mastering anything. It's just not possible to master it all. There is much more complexity and subtlety to each art than you may expect. Not to mention the number of practice hours/years required to become proficient in the physical execution on the techniques of one art, much less "every."

How about starting with one and dedicating yourself to that. Forget about any others for at least a year, then decide your next step. If you are exceptional, you may be able to "master" 2 arts and maybe become proficient in a couple of others in 25-30 years. Just stay focused and don't look past one belt at a time. There is no rush. "Even a plodding buffalo can eventually travel a thousand miles." Forget the destination and enjoy the journey. Good luck.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great to have you here, bra. If my hunch is correct, and this hunch usually is; it’ll be a short time here but it’ll be quite entertaining.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

American speak? Mostly doucher-speak.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
American speak? Mostly doucher-speak.

Great to have you here, bra. If my hunch is correct, and this hunch usually is; it’ll be a short time here but it’ll be quite entertaining.

Their in lies your mistake, and why you’ll never get back the 5 minutes of your life you took to write a meaningful post to some clown.

Well, aren't you lot a bunch of sunshine.

Benefit of the doubt anyone? Youthful exuberance can be exhausting but it's nice to see, though resented by older people of course.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome.
Great group...don't take yourself too seriously nor anyone else here. We can be a tough group but there are several long time practitioners who have a lot of knowledge. Enjoy your journey. Also there are people here from all around the world. So using slang and terms associated with only one culture may well confuse others. Proper English works best...but be aware; want is consider proper English may well be disputed by some.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.but be aware; want is consider proper English may well be disputed by some.

Yeah you have to talk proper like what I do!

Well of course the only correct English is the Queen's English:D No I don't mean Freddie Mercury bless him. :D

Great group...don't take yourself too seriously nor anyone else here. We can be a tough group but there are several long time practitioners who have a lot of knowledge. Enjoy your journey.

Good advice. :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Title

Just signed up, interested in mastering every martial art known to man. Have experience in woman's self defense (srs) but that's about it. Joining BJJ gym in 2 days, pumped for it. Any of you brahs got tips for a beginner?
So, going purely off your avatar and dialect, is it safe to assume you are a male? If so, can you explain the woman's self defense?
Regardless, my best advise would be to get really into the BJJ classes and let us know how things progress.
There is no real magic to it other than to just start.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, going purely off your avatar and dialect, is it safe to assume you are a male?

I think you would probably be better using gender neutral pronouns here, unless they want you to use something else. Just an educated guess from another post.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Title

Welcome to MT my man. You have the right attitude and I like that. I have mastered every martial art known to man and a few unknown to man. You are on the right track, just keep training. You will love the feeling.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Parzival You have gotten good advice here. I suggest you follow it. Start with a martial art and BJJ is fine. Listen to your teachers, and train with diligence as they show you. Stay with it until you are sure you don't like BJJ or perhaps any martial art. But I would caution you not to make a decision to quit anything for at least six months. Good luck in your journey.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can speak chav and roadman as well, don't worry about it... brah

Per the Terms of Service you agreed to when you created your account, English is the only acceptable language here.

Other than that, it's cute that you think you can master all the arts.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, going purely off your avatar and dialect, is it safe to assume you are a male? If so, can you explain the woman's self defense?
Regardless, my best advise would be to get really into the BJJ classes and let us know how things progress.
There is no real magic to it other than to just start.

Makes perfect sense.

Women self defense is designed specifically to defeat men. So if you are worried about fighting guys then it is the most effective choice.