Sup brahs?

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
BJJ is actually a good style for women's self defence, doesn't teach what you'd call 'self defence' classes but has valuable techniques for women and makes them comfortable in close body situations where panicking is likely.

I'll focus on BJJ for now but I want to have a well rounded skill set

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll focus on BJJ for now but I want to have a well rounded skill set

Sounds good, a stand up style would compliment BJJ, another ground work one could confuse you to start with.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not as extreme, not yet anyway, but he’s not for real.

A recent post by the OP shows that he's in Asia, not the US or Europe and English is very unlikely to be his first language. We may have to blame American television programmes for the slang lol.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
A recent post by the OP shows that he's in Asia, not the US or Europe and English is very unlikely to be his first language. We may have to blame American television programmes for the slang lol.
My first language is Armenian, but I'd have to say I'm pretty fluent seeing as how I know more words than people on this board lol

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first language is Armenian, but I'd have to say I'm pretty fluent seeing as how I know more words than people on this board lol

Oooooo is that a challenge lol, I definitely know more words than you, and now everyone here is groaning because they know I'm right and I know the proper meanings of those words. :D they hate it when I tell them the meaning is different. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's good to be able to speak more than one language though, research has found it lessens your chances of getting dementia.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of other sites where asking about steroids is the norm, along with a lot of macho posing.
At least the 'sup brah' is better than text speak lol, I may be one of the few that write sentences and use punctuation when writing text messages! :D
Yet you used an “lol” and an emoji here. Odd.

I’m just having a little fun with you here, nothing more ;)

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oooooo is that a challenge lol, I definitely know more words than you, and now everyone here is groaning because they know I'm right and I know the proper meanings of those words. :D they hate it when I tell them the meaning is different. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's good to be able to speak more than one language though, research has found it lessens your chances of getting dementia.

Doth thee very much bethink thee wilt winneth at a bout of English? I think not haha, I do challenge you. I'm actually pretty well read lol

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
According to one very dirty dog, Per the Terms of Service you agreed to when you created your account, English is the only acceptable language here.
Just having fun with someone who claims to speak my language, that’s all. Nothing wrong with a hello in our alleged language, right?

I’m starting to like you. If you’re actually hye anyway.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet you used an “lol” and an emoji here. Odd.

I’m just having a little fun with you here, nothing more ;)

No if I use it, it's correct! :D Actually I was told that using lol means I'm old, like using FB.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just having fun with someone who claims to speak my language, that’s all. Nothing wrong with a hello in our alleged language, right?

I’m starting to like you. If you’re actually hye anyway.

Yeah I don't appreciate what you said, khoz

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doth thee very much bethink thee wilt winneth at a bout of English? I think not haha, I do challenge you. I'm actually pretty well read lol

Sorry, it's ' thou' which is singular, 'thee' is plural :D( I live in a part of the UK where 'thee' and 'thou' are still used.)

I love that you are well read, everyone should be! Words are wonderful things.
“To know and feel all this and not have the words to express it makes a human a grave of his own thoughts.”
― John Donne

What you are experiencing now is the inevitable thread drift that happens on here. We are an interesting lot. :D

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah I don't appreciate what you said, khoz
I don’t mean it in a mean spirited way. Just a fun way. I was going to put esheg on my license plate, and it would’ve worked. So would every Armenian, Arabic, and Turkish swear word that’s 8 letters or less I know. I decided to not pay the extra money and have the old ladies at church complaining constantly.

For the non-Armenians, esheg means jackass. One of the most common friendly jabs in my circles.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, it's ' thou' which is singular, 'thee' is plural :D( I live in a part of the UK where 'thee' and 'thou' are still used.

Didn't Shakespeare use thee to refer to one person tho? Sick how it's still spoken, I thought it was only like, Elizabethan era

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Shakespeare use thee to refer to one person tho? Sick how it's still spoken, I thought it was only like, Elizabethan era

Thee would be used to address someone very formally or in a demeaning way if you do know them.

Thee and thou are older than the Elizabethan time, they actually started dying out in the 1600s.

The pronunciation of “thou” was different in different parts of Yorkshire. In [what is now] West and South Yorkshire, it is often spelled “tha” in dialect writing. In the more rural remainder of Yorkshire where I am in the North Riding, it is often spelled as “thoo”. In phonetic terms: West and South Yorkshire ða other parts ðuː

“Thee” and “thy” often sounded the same when unstressed as ðɪ. However, they could be distinguished when stressed as ðiː and ðaɪ (or ðaː in some bits of Yorkshire).

Listen here to the North Riding dialect. Listen - Yorkshire Dialect Society

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thee would be used to address someone very formally or in a demeaning way if you do know them.

Thee and thou are older than the Elizabethan time, they actually started dying out in the 1600s.

The pronunciation of “thou” was different in different parts of Yorkshire. In [what is now] West and South Yorkshire, it is often spelled “tha” in dialect writing. In the more rural remainder of Yorkshire where I am in the North Riding, it is often spelled as “thoo”. In phonetic terms: West and South Yorkshire ða other parts ðuː

“Thee” and “thy” often sounded the same when unstressed as ðɪ. However, they could be distinguished when stressed as ðiː and ðaɪ (or ðaː in some bits of Yorkshire).

Thoo cannot be serious!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I really enjoyed the audio clips. Would it be correct to say the East and West dialects are similar and North is more 'plain'? I could definitely understand the North Riding audio clips easier but can't decide if it was the dialect or Mr. Bill Cowley's smooth voice. Regardless, when any of the voices went into a 'fast forward' riff I could not keep up.

Very informative, Thanks.

Latest Discussions