Sup brahs?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Australians invented proper English. Case closed!

And welcome bro :) enjoy BJJ!

I do like their inventive phrases. :)

While people are mentioning how the OP wants to do all martial arts and getting grumpy about it, they should remember other new posters here who have bashed a lot of arts quite nastily as well as having a go at posters. While doing all art is impossible there's no harm in ambition, we should encourage anyone who wants to martial arts.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
So, going purely off your avatar and dialect, is it safe to assume you are a male? If so, can you explain the woman's self defense?

Yeah I'm Male haha. I got into women's self defense when I wanted my girlfriend to take a couple classes, so that she could defend herself. But then I witnessed the sheer power and brutality of it, and I actually thought they were teaching mma from the looks of it so I signed up myself. I'm being dead serious brah, these aren't the techniques you see on youtube which stem from soft arts, it's barbaric brah.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm Male haha. I got into women's self defense when I wanted my girlfriend to take a couple classes, so that she could defend herself. But then I witnessed the sheer power and brutality of it, and I actually thought they were teaching mma from the looks of it so I signed up myself. I'm being dead serious brah, these aren't the techniques you see on youtube which stem from soft arts, it's barbaric brah.

As I said before it isn't that brutal and not that powerful, there's a lot of bogus self defence out there aimed at women, much of it is frankly rubbish. 'Soft' arts are rarely soft though, they may look like it when done by experts but like a lot of things they make it look easy.

As for 'brah' :) not all on here are men, me for example so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to women's SD, so much is aimed at us, 'eye gouges' well they'll work is your assailant is standing still with his hands down by his side and his legs tied! Much better, easier techniques to use. The main focus for women are techniques that enable them to escape ie hit and run.
If I had a pound for every time someone has said, 'grab their nuts' I would be rich but really it's very rare you'd get a chance to do that, most men will be very aware of their tender anatomy and stand sideways on etc to protect themselves.
There are good SD courses for women, but as the subject encompasses more than 'brutal' techniques you do have to look carefully at what you do.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
As I said before it isn't that brutal and not that powerful, there's a lot of bogus self defence out there aimed at women, much of it is frankly rubbish. 'Soft' arts are rarely soft though, they may look like it when done by experts but like a lot of things they make it look easy.

As for 'brah' :) not all on here are men, me for example so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to women's SD, so much is aimed at us, 'eye gouges' well they'll work is your assailant is standing still with his hands down by his side and his legs tied! Much better, easier techniques to use. The main focus for women are techniques that enable them to escape ie hit and run.
If I had a pound for every time someone has said, 'grab their nuts' I would be rich but really it's very rare you'd get a chance to do that, most men will be very aware of their tender anatomy and stand sideways on etc to protect themselves.
There are good SD courses for women, but as the subject encompasses more than 'brutal' techniques you do have to look carefully at what you do.

I'm not talking about grabbing the nuts, or doing aikido or judo techniques haha. If guys have a brain they'll protect their groin, but I don't think they're expecting a double strike to the ears. Like what the hell is that? They aren't expecting that, so it's not like they have to have their hands down by their side or let you do it. With the softer "self defense" techniques I agree, but the Women's self defense I'm talking about targets even more sensitive areas than the groin like the thin bones in the temple, the throat, sternum, ears and eyes

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. Like what the hell is that? They aren't expecting that,

Actually that is a very well known distraction technique, which is fine if you can reach their ears and they don't move. The Dreaded Double Ear Slap

Any attacker will protect themselves, 'sensitive' targets aren't always as sensitive or even easy to strike as you'd imagine on a resisting target, too much of self defence as a whole is done with unresisting partners so of course they always look as if they work.

Did they teach the 'hitting the nose and it sends the bone to the brain so the attacker dies' technique?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, aren't you lot a bunch of sunshine.

Benefit of the doubt anyone? Youthful exuberance can be exhausting but it's nice to see, though resented by older people of course.
They don’t call me Mr. Congeniality for nothing :)

There’s been plenty of guys using the same brah/bruh/etc. shtick here before. Same result every time so far. They’re quite entertaining for a while, but the trolling gets old and they get banned. Playing the law of averages, as called across the pond, I’m going to go ahead and say I can see where it’s going to lead to. Maybe I’m wrong. But I haven’t been wrong about this yet.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, I'm joking.

Well, it doesn't make me feel better if you are joking, I'd laugh but if you weren't I'd have to say you need to get your money back from whichever instructor told you that was a good move, I mean it's not as if we even have bones in our noses.

But my signature move is hitting noses and ripping throats

How many times have you used that 'signature move'?

Are you saying that if you say brah, you're a troll, brah?

Sadly it has turned out that way in the past, perhaps you can buck the trend, be nice if you could?

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
I mean it's not as if we even have bones in our noses.

Hold up, what? I'm feeling the bone in my nose right now. Also, I haven't done these "signature moves" because I'm not tryna be arrested for murder. That's not my thing.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold up, what? I'm feeling the bone in my nose right now. Also, I haven't done these "signature moves" because I'm not tryna be arrested for murder. That's not my thing.

What you feel is the cartilage in your nose not bone. The main difference between bone and cartilage is that bone is a hard and rigid tissue, whereas the cartilage is a soft, elastic and flexible tissue. The cartilage is present in the ears, nose, and joints of the body, whereas bones make up the skeletal system of the body.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Little-boy-on-beach-showing-his-muscles.jpg