Styles dying out

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The problem is people like Joe rogan constantly saying how UFC proved every other style is ineffective which is simply not true

Except that claim is backed by the evidence that people see with their own eyes. It's pretty hard to dispute Rogan's claims when we see Hung Ga masters with 30 years experience getting KO'd by a street fighter with probably about 6 months worth of MMA training.

I know a few people around here dismiss that sort of stuff for "reasons", but you're deluding yourself if you don't think it's having a major impact among the population at large.

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Except that claim is backed by the evidence that people see with their own eyes. It's pretty hard to dispute Rogan's claims when we see Hung Ga masters with 30 years experience getting KO'd by a street fighter with probably about 6 months worth of MMA training.

I know a few people around here dismiss that sort of stuff for "reasons", but you're deluding yourself if you don't think it's having a major impact among the population at large.
Can you pOst the vid you describe above, please

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

Ya, but you are forgetting that MMA has rules. If only biting, groin strikes and eye pokes we're legal, tai chi , aikido and hung ga master's would be wiping the floor with everyone.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ya, but you are forgetting that MMA has rules. If only biting, groin strikes and eye pokes we're legal, tai chi , aikido and hung ga master's would be wiping the floor with everyone.

Exactly. No one buys that BS anymore. There's plenty of avenues to step up, and those that have stepped up have gotten stepped on. It's to the point now where its not even a surprise. Oh, another "Tai Chi" master got spanked by some MMA guy in China? It must be Tuesday!

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks, so other than a random title, were the bit that says he is a master of 30 Plus years and the mmA guy only has 6 months.

That just seems to be two random blokes fighting,

I could quite easily post a vid of me beating someone up and stick a title on it that he is an mma pro Or a kung fu master,,,,surlEy some actual evidence is required to make the claims yOu did ?

Last edited:

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks, so other than a random title, were the bit that says he is a master of 30 pkus years and the mma goy only has 6 months.

That just seems to be two random blokes fighting,

I could quite easily post a vid of me beating someone up and stick a title on it that he is an mma pro.

The Hung Ga exponent in the video is Sifu Sharif Bey. He's a rather prominent figure in New York's Kung Fu community.

https://www.kungfusyracuse.com/about

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I must confess, he can perform a lovely kata:

Too bad zero of it translated into actual fighting ability.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok so we have established he is an old man, where your bit that the other guy ihad only 6months training

Based on his fighting ability, that would be my assessment. I've seen MMA guys with 1-2 years experience with much smoother transitions and combinations, and those guys aren't even competitive.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Based on his fighting ability, that would be my assessment. I've seen MMA guys with 1-2 years experience with much smoother transitions and combinations, and those guys aren't even competitive.
So no evidence at all for that claim?, You just thought it sounded better,

Lets try another one, in what othe Sporting endeavour/ arena, would yOu normally exspect a 50 year old to beat a 25yo, ? Golf maybe, ! even snooker / darts player have lost it by 50

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So no evidence at all for that claim?, You just thought it sounded better,

Lets try another one, in what othe Sporting endeavour/ arena, would yOu normally exspect a 50 year old to beat a 25yo, ? Golf maybe, ! even snooker / darts player have lost it by 50

The evidence is in the sloppiness of the takedown and his general combinations.

Anyways...

Boxing, Bjj or MMA. I highly doubt a 25 year old off the street could beat Mike Tyson, Renzo Gracie or Randy Couture for example.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The evidence is in the sloppiness of the takedown and his general combinations.

Anyways...

Boxing, Bjj or MMA. I highly doubt a 25 year old off the street could beat Mike Tyson, Renzo Gracie or Randy Couture for example.
he isnt a 25 yo off the street, he has by your own admision training, you just dont know how long, that training is.

Have you any vids of iron mike beating up a 25 Yo mmaer, if not that just suposition.

And the kung fu guy isnt mike tyson, who was extraordinary,, he is just a middled aged over weight guy.( and mike in his 30s keot loosing to 25yo of no great talent)

So the head line 25 yo beats up old man , doesnt fit your agenda ?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score

Depends, are eye gouges, groin strikes and biting allowed?

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
he isnt a 25 yo off the street, he has by your own admision training, you just dont know how long, that training is.

Again, you can tell he hasn't had much training.

Have you any vids of iron mike beating up a 25 Yo mmaer, if not that just suposition.

Do you honestly believe the kid in that video could KO Mike Tyson?

And the kung fu guy isnt mike tyson, who was extraordinary,, he is just a middled aged over weight guy.( and mike in his 30s keot loosing to 25yo of no great talent)

Okay, put this kid up against a Bjj practicioner/instructor with 30 years experience. Do you honestly think we'd get the same result?

So the head line 25 yo beats up old man , doesnt fit your agenda ?

An old man with 30 years experience in traditional kung fu who happily accepted a challenge from a random kid off the street.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Again, you can tell he hasn't had much training.

Do you honestly believe the kid in that video could KO Mike Tyson?

Okay, put this kid up against a Bjj practicioner/instructor with 30 years experience. Do you honestly think we'd get the same result?

An old man with 30 years experience in traditional kung fu who happily accepted a challenge from a random kid off the street.
Your just Persisting with unsubtaniated claims, they dont be come true if you keep saying them, he isnt a kid of the street, you claimed he was a street fighter with 6 months training, Nether of which yiu can back up.

Iron mike isnt a reasonable comparison,he was an extraordinary human being, and if i believe he could or he count is irelivent, you cant back it up, like wise with your bbj claim, its just grasping at straws

.if happy to accept a chaLlenge us also irelivent, the world is full of delusional old men who thinK they still have it.

Fighting is athletic pursuit, if your going to make inter style comparsions, the very least you need is two people who are evenly matched in age and physicsl condition. Or your just going to get the younger/ fitter one winning 9times out of ten

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your just Persisting with unsubtaniated claims, they dont be come true if you keep saying them, he isnt a kid of the street, you claimed he was a street fighter with 6 months training, Nether of which yiu can back up.

So you believe that that kid is a highly trained fighter?

Iron mike isnt a reasonable comparison,he was an extraordinary human being, and if i believe he could or he count is irelivent, you cant back it up, like wise with your bbj claim, its just grasping at straws

I like how you keep harping on Tyson, while ignoring the other examples like Renzo Gracie and Randy Courture. You asked me to name a sport where older men are still competitve, and I named 3 professionals from those sports. Would it be fair to consider Sifu Bey a professional in his "sport"?

.if happy to accept a chaLlenge us also irelivent, the world is full of delusional old men who thinK they still have it.

Fighting is athletic pursuit, if your going to make inter style comparsions, the very least you need is two people who are evenly matched in age and physicsl condition. Or your just going to get the younger/ fitter one winning 9times out of ten

Except Bey himself believed that his style was sufficient enough to defeat this younger fighter despite the age difference. That's sort of the point.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you honestly have that much trouble with sarcasm?

Should I insert a smiley next time?
The problem is you aren't using my special sans serif sarcasm font.

Latest Discussions