Striking art strategy

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
If I find a good one on men I can post that too but there's no point.

Let me help you out.

Does thinking of women increase T levels

Finding:

Although sexual thoughts increased sexual arousal, they did not change T or C compared to control conditions. Our results suggest that sexual thoughts are not sufficient to change T or C in men, but C may facilitate sexual arousal by directing energy towards a sexual situation.

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Do you use the following strategies in your striking art system?

1. Lead your opponent into the emptiness - You throw a jab, your opponent blocks it. You throw the 2nd jab, before your opponent tries to block it, you pull your jab back and throw a cross or hook. Your 2nd jab force your opponent to block into the thin air.

2. Borrow your opponent's blocking force - You throw a jab, your opponent blocks it. You throw the 2nd jab, when your opponent blocks it, you borrow his force, spin your arm, and change your jab into a hook.

3. Use your punch to set up a pull - You throw a jab, your opponent blocks it. You pull his blocking arm, and punch with a cross or hook.

4. Use one punch to set up another punch - You throw an overhand. Your opponent raises arm to block it. You use another hand to throw an uppercut.
Of course fighting is fluid. First rounds are usually to feel you opponents energy, size up skill level, etc. Some actively block, some pass and some evade. With that said, in boxing, the Jab Jab Cross/overhand is the bread and butter. This could be fast jab, hard jab, cross/o, hard jab, fast jab cross/o or jab, faint jab, cross/o and so on. I forget where I read it, but there was a great testimony from a pro boxer that basically said that when he first started boxing the jab jab cross seemed simplistic, boring, awkward and let's say "white beltish". After years of practice he discovered that the jab jab cross with all it's variations was actually an advanced technique that yielded great results.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
when he first started boxing the jab jab cross seemed simplistic, boring, awkward and let's say "white beltish". After years of practice he discovered that the jab jab cross with all it's variations was actually an advanced technique that yielded great results.
This is why in MA to learn principle is more important than to learn technique.

When I was a student, if I didn't learn a new principle in class, I would feel that I didn't learn anything that day.

Latest Discussions