sticky hands?

kagegakure

White Belt
Reaction score
Okay so I want to get into some kung fu, preforably 7 star mantis kung fu, but the nearest licensed 7 star instructor is in Midland, MI...its a little far from Troy, Mi. So what I was wondering if there were any other martial arts that use sticky hands besides northern mantis (i believe all of them use it, if not, please foprgive for my ignorance) and wing chun...I like the idea.

Changhfy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey Kagegakura,

Most traditional Chinese Mou Seut systems have some form of Sticky(ing) hands training (Chi Sau Faat). Including Qi Xing Tang Lang Pai as you mentioned, Wing Chun, even Hung Kuen and Pak Mei have a form of Chi Sau but in those systems Chi is considered more of a Kiu or bridge for instance some systems have Sap Baat Kiu Sau whereas some only concentrate on the Sap Yi Kiu Sau.

Chi Sim Weng Chun also uses Chi as a bridge. So Chi as a concept is really nothing new, there are always different methods to train this concept but the concept remains the same.

I notice your from Michigan. So that automatically makes you my Kung Fu brother (Michigan has the best Kung Fu! J/K)

Might I suggest that you try one of the Taiji Tong Long schools around the Grand Rapids area. Although Master Chungs Kwoon is an awesome place to train if you dont mind commuting. But the Taiji(Taigik) Tong Long and the Qi Xing Tang Lang have a lot of similarities including the Beng Bu form.

I've studied the Qi Xing Tang Lang Pai as taught by the Chung family and can attest to its effectiveness from the Wong Han Fun lineage.

take care